IMPORTANT: * indicates that the brand itself does not test on animals, but is owned by a parent company that does test on animals or owns other brands that do.
1. Milani has long-lasting formulas and elegant packaging at drugstore prices, making both your heart and bank account very happy.
2. BareMinerals* has everything you need for your "no-makeup makeup" looks and is best known for their original powder foundation, which earns a 10/10 for natural coverage.
3. Milk Makeup is like quintessential cool-girl makeup with its holographic-like formulas and packaging.
4. NYX Cosmetics* has unbeatable prices for high-performing, super-pigmented makeup that comes in very extensive shade ranges.
5. Pür Cosmetics puts an emphasis on products that actually help improve your skin over time, rather than those that just temporarily conceal.
6. Established by Swedish makeup artist Petra Strand, Pixi offers lots of eye, cheek, and lip makeup in soft, natural hues.
Not certified, but their FAQ states: "Pixi does not test on animals, nor do we have any other parties, such as suppliers, conduct any animal testing on our behalf."
7. Kat Von D has bold, unapologetic makeup that's gained a cult following over the years, and they're also working towards becoming a 100% vegan line.
8. Physicians Formula is like the Clinique of drugstores, stocked with high-quality, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free products that are totally safe for sensitive skin.
9. Glossier is a spin-off of acclaimed beauty blog Into the Gloss and uses feedback and responses from its readers and customers to create the next crowdsourced wonder.
Not certified, but their FAQ states: "no, we don’t [test on animals]! Our office mascot, a Shiba Inu named Chino, hangs out in the Gloffice all the time and we wouldn’t dream of testing on him or any of his friends."
Shop the full collection here.
10. Flower Beauty is Drew Barrymore's makeup line and evidently reflects her cheerful optimism with floral-patterned makeup and overall fresh, girlish lineups.
11. Wet N Wild is one of the most extensive brands for makeup lovers on a budget with collections that are as bold and colorful as their future wearers.
12. Hourglass Cosmetics has carved itself a niche in reinventing luxury makeup (with active complexion ingredients and Ambient Light technology), while also empowering the people who wear their products.
13. Bésame Cosmetics oozes vintage glam with lip, face, and eye products that are REPLICAS of actual shades from decades past.
Not certified, but their FAQ states: "Bésame does NOT test on animals at ANY level of production and uses natural, responsible ingredients in all our products. We are proud to be cruelty free!"