51 Life-Changing Beauty Tips You Need To Know Right Now
Straight from the everyday experts, aka our readers!
2. Or make your own scrumptious lip scrubs with some basic pantry staples. Either way, save your pennies!
3. However, Blue Magic Conditioner can be used as a cheap lip treatment if you're feeling lazy but still covet that baaaaby soft pout.
4. Speaking of Aquaphor, did you know that in addition to being a dry skin lifesaver, it's also a bomb highlighter?
6. If you struggle with puffy eyes or redness in the morning, store your contacts in the fridge overnight.
7. Line your waterline with a nude eyeliner to open up the eyes and conceal any redness induced by lack of sleep.
9. Treat your naked lashes to a healthy dose of castor oil before bed so they can grow uninhibited in both length and fullness, as they should.
11. Maximize lash volume by brushing ~down~ first so you don't neglect the back sides of your lashes — that way, when you brush upwards as usual, you'll end up with double the product and double the volume!
13. Use a comb with tiny, precise bristles to separate and define each itty bitty lash before you attack it with mascara for even more noticeable, falsies-like results.
15. Nail down an everyday makeup lewk that you love and keep the same set of products in a few different bags, so you're never caught off guard with misplaced items.
16. Use Neosporin on razor bumps, stretch marks, cuticles, and even bleeding pimples to help heal and restore — the possibilities are endless!
17. Start off your makeup routine with a lip stain or lipstick, so when you're all done, you can wipe some of the intensity off and top with a lip gloss.
19. Don't automatically give up on a lipstick that doesn't totally suit your pout. Try mixing it with other shades to mastermind a color that DOES work — or pick up a lip palette designed specifically for mixing and matching.
20. Or, if it's a liquid lipstick, give it a whirl on your eyelids instead! Long-lasting, pigmented, can't lose. You know what they say: one facial feature's loss is another's victory!
21. Ditch shitty bathroom lighting and opt for a lighted mirror (or just plop down next to your window and let that sweet, natural sunlight guide your way to a beautiful visage.
22. Brighten and even out your skin by applying a teensy bit of apple cider vinegar before bed (the smell is worth it!!!) and washing off in the morn' for a week.
24. If your skin needs an extra pick-me-up on the quick and cheap, apply and leave on an enzyme cleanser for a few minutes while in the shower — et voilà, mini facial!
25. Clip bobby pins on your strands after you wash 'em so they stay straight overnight and well into the next day — better results than a straightener *and* no heat damage!
26. For full and natural eyebrows, mist a bar of soap, rub a spoolie across so there's a waxy and white (but not wet) consistency to it, and brush your hairs up — then apply your product your color brow product of choice and aha, the illusion of thicker hair!
27. If you're looking to switch out your primer for something gentler, aloe vera gel is a great option — it smoothes out your skin, makes makeup appear less cakey, and helps calm down redness/inflammation.
28. For cracks-in-the-desert-dry hands, slather on a supple layer of First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream before bed, so your hands stay calm no matter how many times you wash your hands the next day.
29. Erase any irritation you might have self-inflicted via pimple popping by dabbing some nasal decongestant spray on a freshly popped victim. Important meeting coming up? HA, you've got it covered.
30. Make your own DIY face masks with white kaolin clay — there are lots of recipes to follow, but the simplest one is just mixing two teaspoons each of white kaolin clay and filtered water. No questionable ingredients!
32. Instead of dashing to the bathroom for makeshift oil blotting solutions, keep a personal stash of end papers in your purse and desk drawer to fight shine in a few seconds flat.
34. Organize your makeup palettes in a letter holder so everything's always organized and in your line of vision for peace of mind and a full range of creativity.
35. Coconut oil is our knight in shining armor, it seems! First off, it's a fab soap-free, gentle, and moisturizing cleanser/makeup remover that gets rid of stubborn AF makeup (looking at you, waterproof mascara) — it's safe for all skin types, but especially great for oily, acne-prone skin.
36. And in addition to removing makeup, coconut oil excels as a hair mask or leave-in conditioner (especially for frizzy hair!). Warning: you might not be able to stop touching your hair! Too addictingly soft!
37. Dryer sheets don't just belong in the dryer — banish deodorant masks with a quick swipe...because no one needs to see them, especially on a black tee.
40. The same trick also applies to harsh eyebrow color — push translucent powder ~into~ your brow, let it set, and brush through to remove the excess. Hello, lighter brows!
42. Or for something that lasts a tad longer, try dying your eyebrows with Just For Men Beard and Mustache Color for a snappy 10 minutes to reveal a set of put-together face framers that last ~weeks~. Talk about payoff, folks!
43. Be sure to always conceal around your brows after filling them in for brows so clean and sharp, they could (and will) kill.
44. Replace your normal, not-hydrating-enough conditioner with a thick hair mask for mega hydration and nourishment that won't break your already brittle strands.
45. Toss your towel after you've dried your body and opt for a t-shirt (cotton, preferably) to dry your hair, because ain't nobody got time for unnecessary frizz and static.
46. Follow up a good 'ol hair wash with volumizing dry shampoo on any parts that will turn oily all too soon.
47. Swap your pinching hair ties for comfy and cute scrunchies that don't leave dents or annoyingly tug at your strands.
49. Use almond oil to remove your most stubborn eye makeup — no synthetic ingredients, just all-natural, fragrance-free, and non-irritating goodness.
50. Get your zzz's! You know, that seemingly obvious thing called sleep we always say we're gonna be better about...but then keep sacrificing night after night. Enough! Sleep more for the sake of your skin!
51. And finally, surround yourself with people who don't bring you down for the things you love or experimenting with different products and looks, because it's fun and also your own damn business, end of story.
So...the only question that's relevant now is:
The submissions used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.