We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. John Freida Hot Air Brush releases — you guessed it — hot air to lift, brush out, and dry your hair all at the same darn time, which means you're doing three jobs at once without sacrificing efficiency. Time to throw your flat iron out the window!
2. Not Your Mother's In A Heart Beat Blow Dry Accelerator seriously cuts down on blow dry time (we're talking half an hour, folks!) while protecting your damp, weakened strands from heat damage and humidity, *and* smoothing out frizz. Hello, shiny and healthy hair!
3. A hair-finishing stick, aka a mascara-like product that'll put annoying flyaways, baby hairs, and broken hair in their rightful places, so you don't waste time fiddling with your stray strands and focused on the task at hand. (I can't be the only one who focuses better with my hair up!)
4. Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primers are the perfect, breathable (they don't have silicone, and most are water-based!) prep product for any and all makeup — depending on what sort of ~skin finish~ you want to have *and* skin issues (dryness, pores, dullness, etc.) you'd like to address. All of them incorporate nourishing ingredients typically found in your skincare products, so you know you're treating your skin right!
5. Mighty Patch Original and Invisible+ Pimple Patches banish your pimple anxieties with a special hydrocolloid material that draws out all of the gross (but oddly satisfying) pus and other impurities inside whitehead-showing pimples, thus speeding up the healing process — and they're thin enough to wear during the daytime with barely any visibility!
6. EcoTools Fresh Perfecting Blender is made with antimicrobial silver to keep your sponge cleaner and fresher for longer — and its design is both ergonomic to the touch and useful with both rounded and flat edges.
7. Docolor Eyelash Comb fixes all of your clumpy and stuck-together mascara woes with a few gentle swipes/wiggles — hello, easy, breezy, and beautifully separated lashes!
8. Orly Gel FX Easy-Off Base Coat lessens the damage of gel manicures because it basically creates a barrier between your nail and potent gel colors, so removal is a total breeze that doesn't require soaking your nails in acetone for approximately a million years.
9. Ole Henriksen Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub draws from the traditional Scandinavian sauna cycle for inspiration: it uses dual warm/cool action to lift and loosen dead skin cells with a powerful blend of glycolic and lactic acids, while volcanic sand and neem seed oil absorbs excess oil and unclogs pores, making them appear smaller.
10. Lay N' Go Cosmetic Bags solve the extremely perplexing dilemma of "why does my makeup collection always look like an avalanche?" in an easy lay-out-and-drawstring-up fashion.
11. Sigma Beauty Dry 'N' Shape Tower makes the arduous task of washing your makeup brushes (I literally just went "ugh" thinking about it) a little easier by giving your clean, wrung-out brushes a home to dry all the way to their original, fluffed-out shape. Genius!
12. Lipstick Queen Lipsticks adjust to your lips' unique pH and color-shifts into the most lovely shades of pink, while also hydrating your lips and overall feeling barely there. No goop of a gloss, and no mess of a full-on lipstick. And that packaging is luxurious and *chef's kiss*.
13. Nivea In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotion absorbs instantly into wet skin and leaves skin feeling buttery soft, so you can jump out of the shower and straight into bed — because no one likes feeling sticky and waiting for moisturizer to absorb after drying off.
14. A little dollop of Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask goes a long way — its formula of olive, meadowfoam, and sweet almond extracts penetrate throughout the ~entire~ hair strand (we're talking center, middle, and surface levels!!), so your mane looks healthy from the inside out. Helping undo months of damage in just 3-5 minutes? Sold.
15. Laniege Hypoallergenic Cica Sleeping Mask seriously soothes redness while you snooze and strengthens your skin barrier for stronger, visibly less stressed skin — thanks to the addition of fermented forest yeast extract as well. It's basically Cica 2.0.
16. Glossier Skywash sheer matte lid tints are liquid-to-powder eyeshadows that'll bless your eyes with a soft wash of Southwest-inspired shades. It's meant to be buildable, so dab on a single layer for a subtle lewk — or keep going and make your eyes really pop. Hello, easy dimension!
17. Shadow Shields plop right underneath your eyes to prevent messy fallout situations — so go wild with the sparkles and glitter! — and help draw out perfectly sharp cat eyes (better than tape too, IMO)!
18. Londontown Kur Instant Smudge Fix Nail Coat smoothes out little mistakes if you're one of those impatient people who can't wait for their nails to fully dry before using your hands (meeee!) — and it's also a great touchup/refresh for already done nails from before!
19. Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Universal Lip Liner goes on totally clear, so you don't have to worry about silly things like matching your liner up with your lipstick shade, while *also* ensuring that your lip color doesn't bleed — a win-win, my friends!
20. And for coverage all over, Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer's clear formula transforms your fave cream/glossy lipsticks into velvety matte formula, so they actually stay put throughout a heavy-duty day when you don't have the time for constant touch-ups.
21. Lime Crime Unicorn Hair lets all hair colors (yes, even dark-stranded babes) in on the semi-permanent dye fun with a magical concoction that packs A TON of color into your strands with beautiful, natural fade-out. Plus, they're cruelty-free and vegan (as the unicorns would want!).
22. Or more an *even more* temporary option, Kristin Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint sprays onto pre-lightened or blonde hair right in the shower (or slightly towel-dried hair for a more intense pink) for fairy-like hair that's pretty much the definition of no commitment.
23. Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow eyebrow pencils have a super fine tip so you can go to town creating delicate strokes that really mimic your natural brow hairs. It's also great for beginners or people who generally don't have the time nor patience for fussier brow formulas.
24. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion is not only packed with SPF 50+ and *totally free of oxybenzone and octinoxate* (aka the ingredients Hawaii banned), but it's literally invisible, thanks to SynchoShield — a lightweight, protective veil that's magically strengthened by heat, water, and sweat via WetForce Technology and HeatForce Technology. Yet it's also water- and sweat-resistant for up to 80 minutes. Yeah, WOW.
25. LA Pure Original Eyeliner Stamp gives you a loving, helping hand when it comes to drawing out the perfect cat eye — it guarantees you get matching wings, which you can always customize and thicken with the pen for ~more drama~.
26. Supersmile Whitening Pre-Rinse lets you keep a healthy white smile while skipping out on harmful bleaches and abrasives — it safely and painlessly whitens and remineralizes teeth and dental restorations (bonding, caps, veneers, and dentures), all before you brush your teeth and seal all that goodness in!
27. Blithe Splash Masks are the ultimate lazy-but-ingenious skin care hack: all you gotta do is dump a capful (or half a cap is enough, tbh) of liquid in your palms, splash and pat it onto your face for 15 seconds right in the shower (so convenient!), and you'll emerge from the steam with a soft and gently exfoliated face!
28. Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal 2-in-1 Face Scrub and Facial Cleanser Stick pulls double its weight in a lazy person–approved stick formula that contains charcoal, tomato, avocado, and coconut oil extracts to deep cleanse and remove makeup, exfoliate dead skin cells, treat breakouts, and *still* leave skin moisturized and happy.
29. Microfiber S&T Always Off Makeup Remover Cloths gently wipe away all of your face and eye paint with just water (or your fave cleanser), so you can rest easy and follow up with the rest of your skin care routine for one extremely pampered face. An bonus: they're machine-washable!
30. A Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Lip Pop, aka the *one* lip product you absolutely need. It's a scrub, balm, and lip tint all in one, and you don't have to even wash it off! Just apply, and voila — coconut flower sugar lightly exfoliates and melts away dead skin/flakes, while flower-derived AHA and watermelon extract hydrates, softens, and adorns your lips with a unique ~pink flush~.
31. 100% biodegradable Busy Beauty Showerless Body Wipes got you covered in a pinch when you don't have enough time in between an intense gym session and work or a last-minute event, or you have a condition that makes showering hard. It's formulated with tea tree to cleanse and prevent breakouts and lavender oil to soothe skin, so you'll be feelin' fresh in a matter of seconds!
32. Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Towel cuts way down on your hair handling and drying process, whether you air dry *or* blow dry — its special microfiber material wicks water away faster than a cotton towel (without needing your hands/arms!) and is much more gentle on your strands, so you don't end up with very unnecessary frizz and/or breakage.
33. Belif Aqua Bomb has a ridiculously satisfying ~water burst~ formula, which means its gel texture disperses into water droplets you can feel as it's being rubbed into your skin — and alongside a blend of apothecary herbs, it calms down normal, oily, and combination skin types and smooths everything over without leaving any residue or unnecessarily heavy texture behind.
34. The Olive & June Poppy polish bottle handle ~pops~ on top any regular nail polish bottle for a comfier, more ergonomic grip that gives you way more control over your strokes, so they're steady and even! Needless to say, it's super helpful for people with less-than-steady hands (it me).
35. Urban Decay All Nighter Pollution Protection is a must-have for city dwellers who are exposed to pollution basically 24/7 (oh, what joy!). It contains a blend of powerful minerals like zinc, magnesium, and copper that guard your precious skin against free radicals and environmental hazards, while also setting your makeup for all-day flawlessness.
36. Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask has a pudding-like texture coined as "shape memory cream" that instantly seeps into and clings onto your skin so you have a super smooth barrier between your skin and ~all the elements~ — it also brightens, promotes collagen production, and absorbs UV rays so your Vitamin C products work even better in conjunction!
37. The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter satisfyingly melts away makeup and dirt much better than a normal foam cleanser alone can do without you having to viciously scrub at it (looking at you, waterproof mascara) — which also makes it perfect for a relaxing facial massage.
38. Sphynx Portable Razors combine three functions in one portable, twistable wheel: a refillable spray bottle to wet the relevant area, a moisturizing pre-shave bar to lather up with, and two razor blades to do the deed.
39. IGK Blocked Water-Resistant Hair Shield quite literally blocks the perils of chlorine, as well as UV rays, wind, sweat, and humidity from messing with your hair. Just use a wide tooth comb to apply to wet or dry hair before styling, and voila! Your mane is totally protected.
40. Clarins Water Lip Stains are so incredibly buildable that you can achieve anywhere from a super sheer wash to a darling opaque finish with a few flicks of your wrist — and it's also intensely hydrating (thanks, organic raspberry water and aloe vera extract!), protects your skin barrier against pollution, and lasts all day. Eat, workout, and smooch away!
41. Stedi Pedi is a nifty pedicure stand that keeps your foot steady, tilted for easy reach, and illuminated (via the bendable light) so every stroke of polish is nothing short of perfection.
42. The Clarisonic Mia Smart supercharges your cleansing routine by adding spinning bristles that penetrate deeper into your skin and clogged pores to really resurface and smooth out the texture of your skin and prevent future breakouts from disrupting your face possibly ever again.
Yesterday you were a beauty newbie and now you're basically a genius:
Need more for your skin? Check out Korean skincare products you need to know, cheap skincare products that are even better than luxury brands, products to help deal with adult acne, or check out all of our beauty content for even more great stuff for your hair, skin, and more.
The reviews used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.