1. Sometimes humanity surprises us by treating total strangers.
2. Surprising someone with food.
3. Or school supplies for a well-deserving teacher.
4. Or a note.
5. Or neatly folded laundry.
6. Sometimes, our faith is restored when people return lost or stolen things.
7. Without seeking personal reward.
8. Or taking anything for themselves.
9. Sometimes, people help others get out of a tight spot.
10. Even if it takes some effort.
11. Faith in humanity skyrockets when someone has a great idea.
12. Or sees a need.
13. And decides it's more important than their own.
14. We restore our faith in humanity when a dad helps his daughter walk.
15. Or when someone builds a pig-wheelchair.
16. When someone makes sure you're ok.
17. Or takes your worst moments and turns them for the better.
18. When people change their plans for somebody else.
19. When kids think of others who live far away.
20. Or close to home.
21. When considerate scientists go the extra mile.
22. And when young men show nuptial support for people they don't know.
23. When humanity looks out for those smaller than themselves.
24. Or those caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Sara Bezdjian is a writer, bibliophile, and lover of travel. When she isn't reading or playing roller derby, you can find her eating ice cream. If you'd like to reach her, send a message in a bottle from your nearest shoreline.