Prepare to be hypnotized by a second-by-second visualization of America’s retail expenditures.
Retale, a location-based app and website that aggregates weekly retail circulars, created a real-time visualization of how Americans spend, from coffees sold at Starbucks to credit card transactions to sales of firearms. The count starts from the moment the webpage is opened — after a few minutes, you’ll see sales of toys outpace firearms, though fall far behind lottery cards — among other interesting patterns.
3. Snapshot after 299 seconds:
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵