1. For one in every five movies released in 2015, female characters never speak to each other.
2. Movies released in 2014 actually set women back on the silver screen, with a drop in percentage of movies passing the Bechdel Rule since 2009.
3. Girl-to-Girl talk is pretty uncommon on screen.
4. Of films with ‘family’ in the plot, 74% pass. Only 48% of those with ‘career’ do.
5. Do young girls have enough role models? Almost half of animated movies surveyed fail the test.
Note: Credit to this research is attributed to Alice Corona, data journalist at Silk.co, and can be found here.