1. Tig Notaro And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Yet Somehow Completely Amazing Year — BuzzFeed
A year ago this week, the 42-year-old comedian turned the low point of her life into the high point of her career. Now comes the hard part. Read it at BuzzFeed.
4. Did Goldman Sachs Overstep in Criminally Charging Its Ex-Programmer? — Vanity Fair
One month after programmer Sergey Aleynikov left Goldman Sachs, he was arrested. Exactly what he’d done neither the FBI, which interrogated him, nor the jury, which convicted him a year later, seemed to understand. Michael Lewis investigates. Read it at Vanity Fair.
8. Join, Or Die — Narratively
From the top of their kepis to the tip of their brogans, these Brooklyn-based Civil War reenactors leave everything on the battlefield. Jesse Marx writes: “Civil War reenactors approach their hobby with the zeal of a prophet and the curiosity of an academic.” Read it at Narratively.
Natasha Vargas-Cooper brings the story of Barbara Wu, 21, who’s facing trial for soliciting the murder of two exes. Her lawyer claims her murder plots weren’t serious threats. The prosecution says she was the next Jodi Arias. Read it at BuzzFeed.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱