Each element of the stars 'n stripes represents something important about the USA.
1. The 13 stripes represent America’s 13 colonies minus the doomed 14th colony, New Atlantis.
2. The six white-colored stripes represent the six unbreakable laws followed by the earliest colonists:
• Man shall not kill man.
• Offerings of wheat must be accepted under all circumstances.
• Disputes are to be settled by feats of competitive tunnel digging.
• Sundays are for football and that's it.
• Never, ever go into the Mystery Shack! What's in the Mystery Shack, you ask? Don't even think about finding out!
• Everything else is legal.