1. ICYMI, Universal Hollywood is set to open its own Wizarding World of Harry Potter this spring — which means West Coasters will finally be able to experience the magic of J.K. Rowling’s universe IRL.
2. One of the best parts of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is you can taste some of the delicious foods mentioned in the books and films. That’s where we come in.
Like most of you out there, we’re hardcore Potterheads™, so we decided to put the tasty treats at the Three Broomsticks to the gastronomical test.
3. The good news: THERE’S SO MUCH GOOD FOOD. The bad news: Unless you can perform the Engorgio charm on your stomach…you won’t be able to try all of it.
So, aspiring prefects that we are, we handpicked the best food items at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (and also the ones we DIDN’T love) — so you can make dining choices like a wizard, not a Muggle.
4. First up: THE DRINKS.
If all the magic is leaving you a wee bit parched, you’re in luck. The Three Broomsticks has a variety of beverage choices, but our favorite wizarding refreshment is, no surprise, BUTTERBEER. It comes in a classic style and a frozen version. Either way, you can’t go wrong — it is DELICIOUS and tastes kind of butterscotchy, but also like cream soda. Our only complaint is they’re a TAD sweet, but we also had two each so, like, maybe it’s our own fault. We also tried the Pumpkin Fizz, pictured above — it kind of tastes like apple pie soda. It’s a little bit on the sweeter side. You can also order beer, and there will be Firewhiskey, which we weren’t able to try.
5. Doesn’t a Butterbeer sound really, really good right now?
6. Next up: DINNER.
We ate dinner buffet-style, which is not how the Three Broomsticks normally serves food, but whatever. This meant that we had a Hagrid-size dinner, which is not as fun as it sounds. The food is British pub fare and we ate a LOT of delicious food…but in particular, we loved the fish & chips pictured above and the beef Sunday roast pictured below. Both were good enough to make us feel we were literally in Hogsmeade, not sunny Southern California…but maybe wait a bit before you hop back on the rides.
7. Is your stomach rumbling yet???
8. Finally: DESSERT!!!
Despite the fact that our stomachs were being stretched to Dudley Dursley–size proportions, we decided to give the Three Broomsticks’ sweets a try, and boy are we glad we did. The sticky toffee pudding (above, in the middle) is maybe the one thing in the world that Slytherins and Gryffindors can agree upon. The apple pie was also pretty delicious, and the chocolate potted cream is a must-have for chocolate lovers. You can probably skip the chocolate trifle TBH, and, unfortunately, the Butterbeer potted cream was the one major disappointment of the night — it was just too sweet (and to be fair, we were also STUFFED)!
9. *Mouth watering intensifies…*
10. In a nutshell, this will be you after eating all the delicious food at the Three Broomsticks:
Universal Hollywood’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens to the public April 7!
- Time has long chosen controversial figures as their "Person of the Year." But in the age of Trump, has the nuance of "winning" disappeared?
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal investigations into how it handles sexual assault.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.