3. A year after the first Whole Foods opened, one of the worst floods in Austin’s history hit the city, wiping out most of the store’s inventory and equipment.
The store had NO insurance, but customers and neighbors helped clean up and creditors, vendors, and investors were lenient with the store.
7. There is even an ice skating rink ON TOP of the flagship Austin location.
14. At Whole Foods’ Westport, Conn., store, two team members are named “King and Queen of Customer Service” for the month. Each member is given two minutes to sprint around the store, collecting as many groceries as possible.
The entire store cheers on, and each contestant usually leaves with two or three carts of food.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏