3. A year after the first Whole Foods opened, one of the worst floods in Austin’s history hit the city, wiping out most of the store’s inventory and equipment.
The store had NO insurance, but customers and neighbors helped clean up and creditors, vendors, and investors were lenient with the store.
7. There is even an ice skating rink ON TOP of the flagship Austin location.
14. At Whole Foods’ Westport, Conn., store, two team members are named “King and Queen of Customer Service” for the month. Each member is given two minutes to sprint around the store, collecting as many groceries as possible.
The entire store cheers on, and each contestant usually leaves with two or three carts of food.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.