3. A year after the first Whole Foods opened, one of the worst floods in Austin’s history hit the city, wiping out most of the store’s inventory and equipment.
The store had NO insurance, but customers and neighbors helped clean up and creditors, vendors, and investors were lenient with the store.
7. There is even an ice skating rink ON TOP of the flagship Austin location.
14. At Whole Foods’ Westport, Conn., store, two team members are named “King and Queen of Customer Service” for the month. Each member is given two minutes to sprint around the store, collecting as many groceries as possible.
The entire store cheers on, and each contestant usually leaves with two or three carts of food.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."