3. A year after the first Whole Foods opened, one of the worst floods in Austin’s history hit the city, wiping out most of the store’s inventory and equipment.
The store had NO insurance, but customers and neighbors helped clean up and creditors, vendors, and investors were lenient with the store.
7. There is even an ice skating rink ON TOP of the flagship Austin location.
14. At Whole Foods’ Westport, Conn., store, two team members are named “King and Queen of Customer Service” for the month. Each member is given two minutes to sprint around the store, collecting as many groceries as possible.
The entire store cheers on, and each contestant usually leaves with two or three carts of food.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎