2. And nobody gets tipsy off of the Blood of Christ.
A sip of wine sounds exciting when you are 12, but it really isn’t *that* big of a deal.
5. …And it’s also an opportunity to brag for 40 days and nights about what a great Catholic you are.
Because why give up candy for a month if you can’t bring it up in every conversation?
7. Your dream school was never Harvard or Princeton, but Notre Dame, Georgetown, or BC.
You need a higher power involved in your higher education.
8. Mass on Holy Days of Obligation is actually a test on your ability to stay awake for nearly two hours.
God is truly testing your willpower.
9. Arriving to Mass late might be embarrassing, and you had to stand in the back, but you are always the first to leave.
Which is crucial, because the church parking lot is CRAZY.
11. Being an altar boy or girl wasn’t really an option, it was a REQUIREMENT.
Because you HAD to make mom proud.
12. Your family is of course pretty darn big. Like, sometimes you have trouble remembering all your cousins’ names.
And you definitely had cousins named Peter, Paul, or Mary.
13. Let’s be honest, you never go to confession as often as you should.
Do you REALLY have to confess about taking the Lord’s name in vain when that crazy person cut you off on the freeway?
15. And when you were a kid, you didn’t exactly get the reason behind lighting one pink and three purple candles, but you DID get excited because it meant you were that much closer to Christmas.
It really is the best time of the year.
18. Sunday School/CCD wasn’t just where you learned about the church and studied the Bible; it was also where fun went to die.
Hopefully, you at least got some killer snacks.
20. You spent Palm Sunday Mass trying to find someone who can turn your palm into a cross.
Seriously, the only way you could make one of these was by the Grace of God.
21. You put up with wearing the most uncomfortable outfits for Christmas and Easter, but only because you knew you would get presents in the end.
Yup, it was totally worth it.
22. And you would never say it, but you secretly kind of miss your Catholic school uniform.
It was kind of nice not having to ever pick out an outfit!
23. You think Pope Francis isn’t just the leader of the church, but a total rock star.
He even takes selfies.
24. And nuns are actually the biggest badasses in the world. They keep it REAL.
And we’re not just talking about the Sister Act movies.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House blocked several media ooutlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.