21 Truly Insane Stories Behind Your Favorite Foods
Prepare for your mind to be blown and your stomach to growl.
1. Doritos were first made at Disneyland.
2. Kellogg's Corn Flakes were invented to quell people's sexual urges.
3. Graham crackers were also invented to stop you from being horny.
4. Fanta was invented in Nazi Germany.
5. 7 Up originally contained a mood-inhibiting drug.
6. A dentist invented the cotton candy machine.
7. A janitor invented Flamin' Hot Cheetos.
8. Snickers were named after a horse.
9. Two guys founded White Castle because America was freaking out about the meat industry.
10. The original Snapple beverage was explosive.
11. The chocolate chip cookie was actually a mistake.
12. Pez were originally invented as an alternative to smoking.
13. German Chocolate Cake actually IS NOT GERMAN.
14. Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine.
15. Popsicles are the result of a child's mistake.
16. A missing chef led to the invention of nachos.
17. Potato chips are the result of a chef's temper tantrum.
18. Pretzels have holy origins.
19. The guy who defeated the Texans at the Alamo is responsible for modern chewing gum.
Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna also served as President of Mexico. He eventually was exiled from Mexico, but looked to raise funds to return by selling chicle (the product of sap from a Central American tree) as a substitute for rubber. Inventor Thomas Adams and his son Horatio noticed they could turn it into a chewable product, and breaths worldwide were changed forever.