A few notes:
- The winner was the girl third from the left, Margaret Gorman from Washington, D.C. (16 years old.)
- At the time it was called the Atlantic City Pageant. It wasn’t until 1922 that they referred to the winner as Miss America. The contestants originally represented their cities, not states. They were referred to during the contest as “Inter-City Beauties.”
- Pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen have topped France's 1st round for president. They face off in 2 weeks 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- Frank Ocean just released a new, auto-tune inspired song called "Lens" on Blonded Radio, his Beats 1 show 🎤