A few notes:
- The winner was the girl third from the left, Margaret Gorman from Washington, D.C. (16 years old.)
- At the time it was called the Atlantic City Pageant. It wasn’t until 1922 that they referred to the winner as Miss America. The contestants originally represented their cities, not states. They were referred to during the contest as “Inter-City Beauties.”
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.