A seven year old autistic girl is lucky to be alive today after falling from a third-story window in New York City this morning. New York City Bus Driver Steve St. Bernard arrived just in time to save her as he spotted the girl about to jump.
“I just prayed that I’d catch her,” St. Bernard recalled after rescuing the child on Monday.
“‘Please let me catch her, please let me catch her.’ That’s all I could say,” he added.
The girl was taken to a Coney Island hospital with minor injuries. St. Bernard suffered a torn tendon in his shoulder.
5. The full amateur video of the incident
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻