A seven year old autistic girl is lucky to be alive today after falling from a third-story window in New York City this morning. New York City Bus Driver Steve St. Bernard arrived just in time to save her as he spotted the girl about to jump.
“I just prayed that I’d catch her,” St. Bernard recalled after rescuing the child on Monday.
“‘Please let me catch her, please let me catch her.’ That’s all I could say,” he added.
The girl was taken to a Coney Island hospital with minor injuries. St. Bernard suffered a torn tendon in his shoulder.
5. The full amateur video of the incident
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱