6. Delicious Vegan Chili
Chia seeds are the ~ secret ~ ingredient for this recipe, because they secretly bulk up the sauce. Mmm, mmm.
So, what do chia seeds actually do for you?
• Chia belonged to the diets of the Mayans and the Aztecs; in fact, “chia” got its name from the Mayan word for “strength.”
• There are nearly 11 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein per each 1-ounce serving. (That’s about 42% of your recommended daily intake of fiber, which is poop-er important.)
• The powerful seed also has a ton of the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids; this is good, because we cannot produce them on our own, and they help keep us pretty.
• An ounce of chia seeds also contains about 18% of your recommended daily calcium intake. This is three times more than a serving of skim milk would give you!
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.