We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which products they didn't think they'd need in college, but use all the time. From shower items to products for a better night's sleep, check out the variety of things you may want to add to your checklist:
1. A bedside caddy so you don't have to get out of bed to change the channel or read your favorite book.
2. A faux-fur saucer chair that'll become a lifesaver when you're longing for a comfy seat, or need extra chairs for friends visiting your dorm.
3. A French press for a cup of coffee you don't have to trek to the dining hall to obtain.
4. A pair of bookends to keep all those textbooks, notebooks, and magazines mom will send you in one organized place.
5. A handheld steamer that'll make getting wrinkles out of clothing quick and easy.
6. A pair of headphones to make studying for exams, walking to class, and exercising less chore-like and more fun.
7. A set of food storage containers for saving leftover takeout food, doing weekly meal prep, and shhhh, stealing dining hall food.
8. A pair of shower shoes for keeping germs away and feet protected.
9. A planner that'll help you stay organized and on time. No more excuses for late assignments!
10. An electric blanket so you can wrap up like a gooey, warm burrito.
11. A mini stapler to easily bring on-the-go when you need to last-minute staple assignments.
12. A drying rack that'll get clothes nice and dry and won't do any of the nasty things dryers sometimes do.
13. A slow cooker if you're allowed to have one. It might just change your life and save you from the yucky dining hall.
14. A back pillow for additional body support while lounging in your bed.
15. A Roomba so you don't have to vacuum the crumbs the roommates left on the floor. You're welcome.
16. An Ethernet cable that'll save your life on the day the campus, dorm, or apartment Wi-Fi decides to stop working.
17. A sturdy umbrella, especially useful if you're going to a college in a land far away. I mean, if your school is in a very rainy and windy town.
18. A mini fridge for keeping food and drinks chilled and fresh.
19. An electric kettle to make getting boiling hot water easy, and campus safety standard–approved.
20. A basic tool set in case anything in your living space ever needs a quick fixing.
21. A memory foam mattress topper to provide a better night's sleep and save that back from an uncomfy dorm mattress.
22. A shower caddy might seem simple enough to remember, but plenty of people forget. You're gonna want something to transport your hygiene products.
23. A pack of ear plugs for a more peaceful slumber. College kids are rowdy, you should know.
24. A printer for preventing unnecessary trips to the library printing stations and eating through a print quota.
25. A measuring cup if you plan on trying some new recipes at school or you're too lazy to use a real bowl for dinner after class.
26. A fan so you can avoid overheating and melting in a puddle of sweat. That would probably make your roomie uncomfortable.
27. A mini projector to use during movie or Netflix binges with friends. Guess who's about to win the popularity contest with this baby?
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.