30 Summertime Problem-Solving Products That Actually Do What They Say They Will
From sunscreen you'll actually want to use, to products that prevent unwanted chafing, to breathable face masks.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Glossier Invisible Shield — a daily sunscreen for those who hate wearing sunscreen, (which I'm convinced must be all of us). Its lightweight water-gel formula won't leave behind a greasy residue or white cast, and will just feel like you're applying a daily serum.
2. A balm to glide onto your feet before putting on your shoes so you can prevent uncomfortable blisters and raw skin on your next run or walk.
3. A grill cleaner so you can enjoy ALL of the yummy BBQ food this summer with peace of mind that your grill is free of yucky grease and grime.
4. Burt's Bees Aloe & Coconut Oil After Sun Soother, as you may be able to tell from its name, contains a nourishing mix of aloe extract and coconut oil to hydrate sun-exposed skin and leave it feeling refreshed, moisturized, and itch-free after burning.
5. A plant-based insect repellent to prevent pesky mosquitos from feasting on your blood for up to six hours. Plus its lemon eucalyptus scent will smell nice and refreshing!
6. A cooling mat that'll prevent your very good pet from overheating, because TBH pets deserve an award for dealing with summer heat while rocking a coat of fur.
7. Antiperspirant wipes to simply apply at night before bed that'll give you protection for up to seven days from underarm sweat stains and odors.
8. Black Girl Sunscreen — a moisturizing SPF 30 broad spectrum sunscreen crafted for women of color. Its lightweight, natural formula contains ingredients like avocado, jojoba, cacao, carrot juice, and sunflower oil to soothe, protect, hydrate, and heal skin, all without leaving behind a white residue.
9. A large melon slicer to make the daunting task of cutting through our favorite summertime fruits super seamless. Plus, the grip handles ensure your hands stay safe from the dangers of sharp blades.
10. While you're at it, you may also want this handy utensil that'll perfectly slice, core, and scoop melons.
11. And of course, we can't forget about PINEAPPLE! This stainless-steel tool helps to peel, core, and slice up that tropical goodness in a matter of seconds. Grilled pineapple anyone?
12. Sun Bum Scalp and Hair Mist — an SPF 30 sunscreen spray to help prevent that awful feeling of dread when you realize standing under your shower head or brushing your hair is causing you PAIN.
13. A water bottle that'll make it easy and most importantly, FUN, to keep track of your water intake so you stay hydrated all summer long.
14. A face covering so you can keep yourself and others safe and protected, while wearing a mask reviewers say is super breathable — a must in the hot summer temps!
15. A shoe deodorizing spray that not only works to eliminate yucky smells from your footwear, but honestly, is gonna make them smell SO GOOD, you're gonna be tempted to sniff your shoe (as seen in the review photo below...).
16. Grill mats to help prevent food remnants from your yummy burgers, steaks, kabobs, and more from falling, leaving you to have to spend forever on cleaning up when you're done.
17. A blanket that'll be no match for water, sand, grass, and dirt — enjoy sunbathing or an outdoors picnic without worry of you and your belongings getting wet and dirty.
18. Oil absorbing tissues perfect to keep on-hand if your face tends to get more oily over the summer — just blot these on your face for quick relief.
19. A cold brew coffee maker so you can enjoy a delicious iced coffee treat without having to wait in line at the Starbucks drive-thru.
20. Or, if you're looking for a quick and easy way to turn your hot coffee into an iced coffee, a HyperChiller can help make it cold in under a minute!
21. Anti-chafing thigh bands that'll help prevent the dreaded pain that comes anytime you basically decide to wear something that aren't pants. Plus, these are super pretty, so you don't have to worry if your dress or shorts don't cover them all the way!
22. Solar Recover After Sun Moisturizing Spray made with vitamin E, French seaweed absolute, distilled water, calendula, lavender oil, sesame oil, geranium oil, roman chamomile oil, and sandalwood oil for a hydrating moisturizer spray that'll do a stellar job when it comes to soothing a sunburn.
23. Mosquito repellent incense sticks formulated with essential oils and plant-based ingredients like rosemary, peppermint, citronella, lemongrass, cedarwood essential oils, and bamboo to keep mosquitoes within a 12-foot radius away for up to two and a half hours!
24. Water shoes that are actually (!!!) comfortable, come in a variety of colors, styles, and sizes, and can withstand wear from water sports and other outdoor activities.
25. A bug bite suction tool to help get rid of itchy bites. Kinda rude that little buggies get to munch on our skin and blood and we have to deal with itchiness after.
26. Goo Gone Patio Furniture Cleaner so you can spend allllll the time outside reading, enjoying a cold drink, and soaking up the sun knowing that chair you're lounging on is nice and clean.
27. Anita Grant Aloe Vera Gel – it'll help soften and treat first- and second-degree thermal and radiation burns and heal them quickly. In addition to being applied to your skin, it can also be applied to your scalp/hair, and is great for everyday use, too.
28. Magnetic barbecue lights so grilling up all your favorites for dinner doesn't have to feel like a race against the sun going down for the night. Anyone up for a late night burger?
29. Sanuk yoga mat flip-flops for a pair of seriously comfy and sturdy sandals. Yes, it's possible to have both of those things in a pair of flip-flops, and they're right here.
30. Beyond Burgers so you can enjoy a delicious vegan option next time you barbecue, without sacrificing on the meaty taste and texture you love from real meat burgers.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.