25 Subscription Gifts For Anyone Who Loves Food
From meal kit services to DIY charcuterie subscriptions to monthly desserts, and so many more delicious food gifts.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. Piquant Post introduces their tastebuds to incredible new spices. if they're someone who loves cooking, this is an awesome way for them to experiment with new flavors.
What they'll get: Each box comes with three to four spice blends for about four meals each as well as recipe cards and detailed shopping lists to help make gathering ingredients and cooking the meals more simple.
Promising review: "This monthly spice subscription has sparked a fire deep down in my cooking soul. The spice blend combinations are incredible, and each spice comes with a corresponding recipe. I just made this cauliflower curry and my life will never be the same. I want to cook anything and everything with these spices." —Kayla Suazo, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from Piquant Post starting at $10.99/month.
2. Kernel Crate brings them a yummy variety of fun popcorn flavors each month. Some unique past flavors include ghost pepper kettle corn, horchata, strawberry lemonade, and BBQ bacon — just to name a few
Kernel Crate is a subscription box service based in Fresno, California that sends three unique popcorn flavors each month! Use code CRATEJOY at checkout for a discount!
What they'll get: Each box includes three unique popcorn flavors that are popped fresh days before they arrive at their front door.
Promising review: "Some delicious popcorn with interesting flavors. I like that you get sweet and savory choices. Enjoyable box!" —Christine Z.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $15.49/box.
3. Green Chef sends organic ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions for a variety of meal plans like keto, vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, and more.
What they'll get: They'll receive detailed recipe cards outlining which kitchen tools and supplemental ingredients (like salt and pepper) they'll need to have on-hand for each recipe, and of course, all the ingredients needed to prepare them. Some current/upcoming menu options include Beef Fajita Taco Salad, Squash & Mozzarella Flatbreads, and Lemon-Herb Shrimp Bowls.
I recently got the chance to sample Green Chef and I truly loved this meal kit! For starters, all of the ingredients were SO fresh. I will say this meal kit is a teensy bit more advanced than some others I've tried, but it's nothing beginner chefs can't handle either. Pictured above are cranberry pork chops with brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes which was my favorite recipe I cooked the week I tried out Green Chef as well as cabbage and carrot fritters that I'm definitely going to try and recreate on my own soon. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this splurge-worthy meal kit for their yummy recipes, the variety of selections on their weekly menus, and their fresh, organic ingredients.
Get it from Green Chef starting at $11.49/serving.
4. Gusto di Roma brings their tastebuds on a fine Italian culinary journey thanks to their box of gourmet goodies like fruit jam, biscotti, grilled veggies in extra virgin olive oil, and so much more!
What they'll get: Each box contains an authentic mix of artisans goods directly from Italy including both sweet and savory items. Plus, they'll also receive a complimentary gift with an Italian theme in their first box like a mug or a grocery tote.
Promising review: "I received my first box as a gift. It was so incredible, I just had to get the monthly deliveries. The box presentation, quality of the food items, and recipes totally impressed this Italian girl! These boxes will now be my go-to gifts for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc." —Frances K.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $90/box.
5. Pig of the Month's BBQ subscription brings all the delicious smoked meats, ribs, pulled pork, sausages, and more right to their doorstep. Fingers crossed they invite you over for dinner soon.
What they'll get: Each box will be filled with a mouth-watering assortment of BBQ meats, sauces, and sides. Pig of the Month also offers a Bacon of the Month Club and a Sauce of the Month Club just in case the BBQ box isn't quite cutting it for your gifting purposes.
Promising review: "This subscription box from a woman-owned brand comes with lots o' meaty options that are all but ready for ya' because someone else has done the prep work. I recently gave this behemoth of a delivery a spin with my meat-eating family chock full of food opinions, and they loved it! Even my dad, who can be a hard sell for any food things I get sent. ('This is weird' is something I hear often.) We quickly went through the included Tangy Memphis BBQ Sauce (which you can buy separately here) after pouring it all over pork chops, chicken, and most everything else." —Elizabeth Lilly, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from Pig of the Month starting at $255/three-month subscription.
6. Home Chef sends them pre-portioned ingredients to whip up delicious meals in a half hour or less. One of the best parts of this service is the ability to customize recipes. For example, if there's a fish recipe that looks appetizing but they don't eat fish, they can swap it out for something like chicken or pork instead.
What they'll get: Pre-portioned ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe cards to make cooking each meal quick and easy, plus the flexibility to choose whichever protein they'd most like. Some current/upcoming menu options include Chipotle Cheddar Turkey Meatloaf, Prosciutto and Roasted Tomato Burger, and Teriyaki-Lime Ahi Tuna.
I tried Home Chef last year and absolutely loved it! The whole process from signing up, to picking my meals, to cooking them was seamless and fun. I got three meals (two servings per meal) that came out to be six nights worth of dinner. The ingredients were so fresh, the instructions were incredibly simple, and the finished product was DELICIOUS. I also found the portion sizes to be really generous! My favorite thing about Home Chef is the ability to customize your dish when selecting your meals. If a dish contains something like fish, beef, tofu, etc. that you don't like or can't eat, Home Chef gives you the flexibility to sub it out for another protein, usually at no extra cost. If you're looking for an accommodating, easy, and yummy meal kit, Home Chef is truly an excellent option!
Get it from Home Chef starting at $6.99/serving.
7. Universal Yums delivers snacks from a different country right to their front door, and the countries change monthly! Past boxes have included the Phillippines, Scandinavia, Brazil, France, and Spain — just to name a few!
What they'll get: Choose between three boxes: the Yum Box (5–7 snacks), the Yum Yum Box (10–12 snacks), or the Super Yum box (18–20 snacks). In addition to delicious snacks from the country of the month, they'll also receive a booklet of trivia and games and additional bonus content. Plus, each box ships free in the US.
Get it from Universal Yums starting at $15/box.
8. Candy Club brings them a delightful assortment of sweet and sour candies to keep their sweet tooth feeling satisfied.
What they'll get: They'll receive six cups of candy (either 6 ounces or 13 ounces, depending on which subscription you choose for them). Some examples of candies they may find in their box could include, lemonade straws, cupcake bites, cotton candy taffy, and brownie bites. (But of course, there are so.many.more.)
Get it from Candy Club starting at $29.99/month.
9. HelloFresh gives them pre-portioned ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions so they can easily cook up their very own droolworthy meals.
What they'll get: They'll receive all of the pre-portioned ingredients needed to cook each meal as well as recipe cards with simple-to-follow instructions. Plus, the generous portion sizes mean they may even have extra food to last for additional meals. A win! Some current/upcoming menu options include Southwest Beef Cavatappi, Firecracker Meatballs, and Sesame-Soy Beef Bowls.
Promising review: "Sometimes figuring out dinner is just...so annoying. The recipe picking, ingredient fetching, using my phone to read the recipe with sticky fingers — ugh. So when things get especially busy at work or otherwise, I reactivate my Hello Fresh account and get a few weeks of meals to make things easier. The recipes are delicious, I've learned new cooking techniques, and the serving size is big, so I can get two dinners and a lunch at *minimum* out of the the 'two-person serving.' Tonight I'm having ramen, and I am very excited." —Maitland Quitmeyer, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from HelloFresh starting at $7.49/serving.
10. SnackSack sends a box filled with nutritious munchies right to their doorstep. They'll receive a mix of sweet and salty bites and are bound to discover some new snack favs in the process.
What they'll get: Each box comes with 11–13 surprise snacks that are usually centered around seasonal themes and flavors. Plus, there are four snacking plans to choose from: classic, vegan, gluten-free, and vegan + gluten-free.
Promising review: "I really love the gluten-free option. I have celiac, so it's been fun to get new products I can actually eat safely and try new brands I've never heard of. There's usually one or two I give away to friends or family, but the selection has been mostly top-notch." —Amy L.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $26.91/box.
11. Good Chop delivers responsibly-raised meat and seafood that'll put their local grocery store to shame.
12. Blue Apron provides them everything they need to create fun, perfectly-portioned, and delicious recipes. Their menu offers a mix of meat, fish, plant-based options as well as health-conscious and diabetic-friendly choices.
What they'll get: Each box comes with fresh produce and meat/fish, as well as all of the specific "knickknacks" needed to cook the weekly meals. They'll also get detailed recipe cards and it all comes in recyclable packaging. Some current/upcoming menu options include: Spicy Tomato Pasta, Tilapia & Creamy Curry Sauce, and Tamarind-Honey Chicken Breasts.
Get it from Blue Apron starting at $7.49/serving.
13. Hot Sauce of the Month Club sends three bottles of artisan hot sauce each month any spice-lover will be so excited to try. They'll feel like the judge of their very own hot sauce competition each time they receive a box at their doorstep.
What they'll get: Either one or three bottles of artisan hot sauce each month in the selected heat level (classic, mild/medium, and extra hot). Choose between monthly and quarterly plans!
Promising review: "Love this! The sauces are FANTASTIC! The variety has been excellent. It is the perfect gift, my fiancé and I look forward to these packages SO much." —Constandena P.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $14.99/month.
14. Platterful provides them with everything they need to make a lovely charcuterie board like cured meats and cheeses, crackers, and other taste accompaniments. Monthly wine and cheese nights coming right up!
What they'll get: They'll receive everything they need to make delicious charcuterie boards. They'll also receive monthly educational materials and step-by-step instructions on how to assemble their boards in both writing and video.
Promising review: "I was so happily surprised with the amount and quality of items in the box. There were a few things I had never tried before and LOVED! It was also the perfect activity to build the board with a friend and have a girl's night with a group!! So fun and so tasty!!!!" —Meg P.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $87.42/box.
15. Marshmallow of the Month Club sends a wonderful assortment of marshmallows, homemade graham crackers, and a chocolate surprise that'll leave them wanting s'more and s'more every month.
What they'll get: Depending on which box you choose, they'll receive marshmallows, graham crackers (gluten-free graham crackers are available!), chocolate, hot cocoa, and other fun goodies. They also have a vegan option!
Promising review: "I bought this as a gift for my sister who is a marshmallow addict and she loved everything — pretty sure she squealed in excitement as she was opening the box. From what she showed me, everything was so well done and the theme and products were well thought out." —Kristin R.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $17/box.
16. EveryPlate brings them pre-measured ingredients to cook up filling, tasty meals at a more affordable price than other meal kits on the market.
What they'll receive: Just the right amount of pre-portioned ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe cards to create delicious meals at a fraction of the cost of other meal kit services. Some current/upcoming menu options include Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry Bowls, Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, and Tuscan White Bean Couscous Skillet.
Promising review: "Planning meals and going to the grocery store is the actual bane of my existence. The fact that EveryPlate sends me everything I need at a very affordable price is such a weight lifted off my shoulders! This photo is of a real recipe I've made, and loved, and have actually recreated on my own many times since! I've been using EveryPlate pretty regularly for over two years and there has never been a recipe I (a novice chef, at best) couldn't handle." —Danielle Healy, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from EveryPlate starting at $4.99/serving.
17. Nettie's Craft Brownies delivers a box of chocolate-dipped fudgy brownies they'll be excited to sink their teeth into.
What they'll receive: Each box comes with a delicious assortment of 16 bite-sized, hand-dipped fudgy brownies in unique and fun flavors like peanut butter, s'mores, sea salt, and espresso.
Promising review: "WOW!!! These were amazing!! Great quality. I loved the variety and creativity that went into this box of brownies." —Adrian C.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $28.99/box.
18. Cheesemonger Box puts you in charge of picking exactly which delicious fancy cheeses they'll be snacking on this holiday season.
What they'll receive: Each box comes with three 1/2-pound cuts of artisan cheeses. If you choose the signature subscription box, they'll also receive artisan crackers and a small batch accompaniment like a jam or a spread. Best of all, you can choose the cheeses for them or let them choose for themselves!
Promising review: "If you're in the mood for some top-quality cheeses, you can't do better than these boxes! This shop has 'direct relationships with small American farmers, creameries and cheesemakers nationwide' and 'works with trusted importers and distributors to source authentic artisan and farmhouse-style European cheeses.' You can also join a subscription plan to get cheese sent to your door on a monthly basis. Um, OK. Gladly!" —Mal Mower, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from Cheesemonger Box starting at $75.
19. Sprinly sends them pre-made frozen plant-based meals each week they simply have to microwave and enjoy! Plus, it comes with condiments for them to add to their food, because they really just want to make everything as quick and easy as possible. Now THAT'S a thoughtful gift!
What they'll get: Depending on the chosen plan, they'll receive either 6, 12, or 18 pre-prepared vegan meals each week. Some current/upcoming menu options include Zucchini Noodle Pesto, Smoked Sweet Potato Tacos, and Rice and Lentil Risotto.
Promising review: "I really enjoyed all of the meals I received. The cardboard box they came in was like a mini-fridge?! Everything was super cold and fresh when it arrived which was the best first impression for food, IMO. I adored that each meal also came with condiments to eat it with, which was great because I didn't have to think about ANYTHING other than just heating up the plate, if it needed heating up at all. I will say that out of the six meals I got, like three or four of them were salads? That's important to know for folks who like plant-based meals but don't necessarily love eating a salad as a full meal (or more than once or twice a week). Anywho, the food was very enjoyable and it was great to eat meals I wouldn't have thought of on my own." —Marquaysa Battle, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from Sprinly starting at $109/week.
20. Cookie of the Month by Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop brings them freshly-baked cookies or a cookie pie from Brooklyn — they'll enjoy flavors like their signature chocolate chip, s'mores, and lemon sugar.
Use code 1STBOXFREE to score the first box free on a 6- or 12-month subscription.
What they'll get: Each box comes with either a dozen cookies or a special cookie pies that are hand-crafted in small batches with mostly organic ingredients. You can use the contact seller button on the listing page to alert them to nut and gluten allergies, or vegan-friendly options.
Promising review: "I look forward to this shipment every month and it is always so delicious! It’s packed well and arrives intact. They've had a good variety of flavors so far. It’s so fun to get cookies in the mail!!" —Ashley H.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $25/box.
21. Japan Crate allows them to enjoy Japanese snacks, treats, drinks, and ramen all without having to purchase a plane ticket.
What they'll get: There are several box options so if you're looking to gift them a food gift specifically you'll want to stick with either Japan Crate which is available in three sizes and comes with Japanese snacks and candies or Umai Crate which sends them premium instant noodles from Japan! There are other boxes available for those are into Kawaii, collectible toys from Japan, and fun Japanese stationary items.
Promising review: "Japan Crate is fantastic — it has so much variety and produces high quality boxes The social media pages keep you updated on box goodies and are a lot of fun to see. The box itself is amazing, with lots of great products included!" —Joseph Y.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $33.45/month.
22. Gobble sends everything they need to make restaurantworthy dishes in 15 minutes or less. This is perfect for the person who enjoys cooking, but these days doesn't have enough time to do so.
What they'll get: Not only will they receive pre-portioned ingredients, but they'll also be pre- peeled, chopped, and marinated so they can truly whip up meals in 15 minutes or less. Some current/upcoming menu options include Seared Salmon with Yakisoba Noodle Stir Fry, Quinoa Vegetable Chili with Southwest Garlic Bread, and Brown Sugar Pecan Crusted Chicken with Garlicky Spinach & Mashed Potatoes.
Promising review: "Behold my beautiful shrimp dish that I whipped up in a mere 20 minutes and even my southern mama (a tough critic who often feeds me veggies in fritters and bread) raved about! After my Gobble box delivered, I, naturally, was served a Facebook ad about Gobble with a promise of 15-minute meals. This recipe card for Honey Harissa Shrimp didn’t specifically say it would take me 15 minutes to make, but I timed it nonetheless (also I had about a ~45 minute window before my next meeting to cook and then eat). I was able to whip up this meal like a fire was lit underneath me (again, my schedule; plus I was on the verge of hanger) and clean up after myself on the way. The packing of individual ingredients were easy to open (not always the case with meal kits!) and there was plenty of the marinade left to drizzle over my plated lunch. I rarely have dressing/sauces/condiments left over in meal kits because I like my food *really* saucy. So this was a wonderful little side benefit! Did I mention that this was my first time marinating shrimp? And this was probably only my third time actually even cooking shrimp! It also made two generous servings of lunch, even though my mom had mentally prepared to have to maybe fix herself something else for lunch. Out of other meal kits I’ve tried, I’ve definitely been left with meager portions. So score one for Gobble in comparison to basically other meal kit I've tried." —Elizabeth Lilly, BuzzFeed Editor
Get it from Gobble for $11.99/serving.
23. Celebrate States brings them a box of assorted goodies from each U.S. state every month with hand-made products and delicious treats from small and family-owned businesses. It's like going on a road trip without having to ever leave home.
What they'll get: Each box contains six to eight products from small and family-owned businesses like honey, jams, snack foods, and useful items like candles and coasters. Plus, they'll also receive interactive materials that help them learn more about that month's state.
Promising review: "I decided that with COVID, I wasn't going to comfortably take a vacation in a long time. So, I saw this subscription box and thought it was perfect! My son and I enjoyed our Florida box and look forward to our next one which will be Nevada! We enjoyed the special little treats, and brochures and such. I even sat and visualized visiting the different places based on the brochure. My vacation in a box." —Akita B.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $35/box.
24. Phivi Artisanal Desserts sends them a yummy variety of hand-baked artisanal treats like cakes, cookies, macarons, cake pops, and more!
What they'll receive: Each box contains eight freshly baked, all-natural desserts that often follow a theme or seasonal flavor.
Promising review: "I gave this as a gift and as soon as I saw it and tasted the desserts, I knew I had to order a subscription for myself. I can't wait for the first box to arrive. The customer service is also very responsive, which I love." —Mandi L.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $35/box.
25. Jerky Snob delivers premium jerky to their doorstep, so they can treat their taste buds to the most delicious dried meat every couple of weeks.
Use code JERKY25 at checkout for 25% off a first box on a 3-, 6-, or 12-month subscription.
What they'll get: Delicious jerky free of MSG, nitrates, and high-fructose corn syrup. You can choose between three sizes: two bags, four bags, or eight bags.
Promising review: "I purchased this as an anniversary gift for my husband who loves jerky. He absolutely loved it. It was fun trying out the two jerky flavors each month. Great buy!" —Lindsay H.
Get it from Cratejoy starting at $15.99/month.