30 Things That Are Small But Mighty
Products that work super well without cluttering your living space are the best kinds of products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Dishwasher cleaning tablets so the machine you rely on to clean the things you use to eat isn't gunking them up even more.
These tablets remove odor-causing residue and help get rid of lime and mineral build-up that naturally occurs inside dishwashers. The tablet is designed to last throughout the entire wash cycle, and is recommended for use about once a month. These are safe to use in stainless-steel tub and plastic tub dishwashers.
Promising review: "After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then, I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing its job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in a magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, per instructions, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my subscribe and save order, so I will get a new pack every six months. I am amazed!" —Sheila
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $5.99.
2. And on that same note, you may also wanna get washing machine cleaning tablets, because my guess is when you're doing laundry, you want your dirty clothes actually coming out clean. Fair assumption?
These are safe to use with front-load washing machines and top-load washing machines, and both high efficiency and conventional machines. Recommended to use once a month!
Promising review: "I have been using bleach to clean my machine for some time, but decided to give this a try a few months ago. My very first clean with Affresh left me surprised and delighted, for not only did it clean my machine, it eliminated the nasty smell that always transferred to my clothes thanks to a build-up of mold I didn't even know about. Every month now, I toss a tablet into the drum and let it work its magic. Now, my machine is cleaner than ever, and my clothes always smell wonderfully fresh. I highly recommend this to everyone." —Kelli Crawford
To learn more about these little miracle tablets, check out our write-up of Affresh Washing Machine Tablets.
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $11.77.
3. A car diffuser to help give your vehicle a sweet scent. Am I the only one who is unreasonably excited at the thought about getting into my car and being greeted with the scent of fresh linens?
Amber & Wood Co is a woman-owned small business based in Valparaiso, IN that sells high-quality aromatic goods like pure soy wax candles, car diffusers, and freshening sprays.
Promising review: "I love these little car diffusers so much! They are cute and very fragrant. I got Winter Mint, Orange, and Connie Pine Cone. I may get some more for each of my girlfriends as a gift." —Allison Hutzell
4. A plant food spike that'll keep your plants fed for up to two months!
It's recommended to change the spikes every 30 days during the spring and summer months!
Promising review: "I have several houseplants that had stopped flowering, so I put a few of these spikes in the pot (there are directions on the back of package for quantity), and approximately a month after using these spikes, my peace lily had three flowers on it, and my African violets plants all got several blooms on them! This worked wonders for my plants that don't flower also! I noticed that my ivy and cactus plants started growing faster, and they became more green and healthy looking. I am very happy with this product, and I will buy it again." —Elizabeth
Get a pack of 48 from Amazon for $10.95.
5. A garlic chopper you simply roll back and forth to chop up fresh garlic. Not only is it easy, but, it's pretty fun. Mom only said I couldn't play with my food, she never said anything about not playing with my kitchen gadgets.
This is top-rack dishwasher-safe!
Promising review: "Love! Love! Love the Garlic Zoom! Mincing garlic has never been easy or fun until now. It makes mince work out of garlic, onion, chilis and herbs. I'm not sure what I love most about this little gadget. Not smelling stinky garlic fingers all night? No burning fingers or eyes from chopping a super hot chili? Or mincing fresh herbs in a blink of an eye? Anything I can throw in the GarlicZoom I zoom. It's fun! I have a problem wrist from an injury and an arm and hand that suffers from nerve damage. I can still manage to zoom this." —Kennedy Collins
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
6. Water bottle cleaning tablets to get your beloved drinking bottle back to the condition it was in when you first fell in love with it at the store. Not to mention the fact that you should only ever consume water from a CLEAN bottle.
Tablets are biodegradable, chlorine-free, all-natural, and environmentally safe. They're individually packaged, and don't require any additional brushing or scrubbing. Good for use on stainless-steel bottles, mugs, hydration reservoirs, coolers, dishes, and hard-to-clean plastic containers and bottles.
Promising review: "In all fairness, I first heard of this product while watching Shark Tank, and their pitch was impressive so I gave the underdog a try. Now, I'm on my fourth re-order. My whole family drinks out of various name brand bottles, coffee mugs, etc. The fact is, they are rarely cleaned because they are a part of our daily lives and they are a pain in the ar$e to clean, because of the inconvenience that they are not dishwasher-safe, or don't fit. The answer is these tablets. They work and they're simple to use." —K.R.
7. A false eyelash applicator that'll make the way-more-difficult-than-it-needs-to-be-task of applying falsies much quicker and easier than just using your fingers.
Promising review: "Very easy to use and affordable. I was able to put on my lashes in no time. I can't believe I use to apply my lashes without this amazing tool. I place my lashes directly in the center and adjust the ends. My lashes go on in one minute less with this tool." —CITY Beauty
Get it from Amazon for $4.98 (available in three colors).
8. BluApple produce fresheners to help extend the life of your precious fruits and veggies two to three times longer. All you need to do is toss 'em into the produce drawer in the fridge and let them work their magic.
Promising review: "I'm so happy with my purchase because these keep my produce fresher for much longer than normal. Nothing is worse than buying red bell peppers at the store and having them start wilting after four days. These should be in everyone's fridges!" —The Waites
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $11.99.
9. Acne patches you can apply to areas where you're breaking out. Let it sit overnight or throughout the day, peel it off, and watch it take all the pore-clogging gunk with it.
These patches contain hydrocolloid dressing with a hint of tea tree oil, calendula oil, and cica. The ingredients in this are gentle, ideal for all skin types and tones!
Promising review: "I can't believe how much money I've spent on acne products over the years before I found this. Of all the products with glowing reviews, these patches have been the most effective and worth their cost. I have sensitive combo skin and deal with adult acne on a daily basis. Since my face has dry areas, I'm also more likely to pick at it (TMI, sorry). It's terribly embarrassing to go to work with these kinds of issues day after day, so in addition to taking a prescription, I've been on the hunt for anything topical that would help. The first time I used one of these patches, I put it on at night. The next morning, I woke up and was kind of shocked. It actually did what it was supposed to do. You peel off the patch, and with it comes at least 90% of the nastiness that was clogging your skin. It DRASTICALLY reduces the size of the zit. I've also experimented with using these on cystic acne, and they work wonders for speeding up the clearing and healing process. Also, they're comfortable to wear and stay on your face pretty well overnight!" —Greta H
Get a pack of 40 from Amazon for $8.49.
10. A eucalyptus and lavender shower/bath pouch that'll help give you a spa experience right from the comfort of home. These may also help provide some relief from colds, congestions, and stress.
Eucalyptus Blooms is an Etsy shop based in Charlotte, North Carolina that sells eucalyptus and lavender shower and bath products and bouquets.
Promising review: "Not only does these enhance my shower experience, but my whole bathroom smells nice all the time!" —Edward
11. Blind-spot mirrors so you can spend less time perfecting your parallel park.
Promising review: "I bought these for my mom's car and mine a while ago and these little things are great. Since I got my license I've hated merging or switching lanes; I never felt good or safe doing it. Since having these its been a blessing, I feel less like a scared new driver. I'm currently encouraging my sister and friends to invest in these too! These are also great for backing up, because you can see exactly how close you are to hitting the car behind, and it's helpful when I parallel park in the city." —Mariam Abass
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $7.97 (available in three shapes).
12. A 5-in-1 wine gadget that acts as an aerator, a stopper, a pourer, a filter, and a re-corker. I'll toast to that!
Promising review: "Throw out the others, this is the one. I have a drawer full of wine pour spouts of varying designs. Some don't fit all bottles, some leak while pouring, and some are so tall that storing upright in a refrigerator is difficult and none seal completely. This spout/stopper seals completely and lets you lay the bottle on its side. The aerator allows air to move back into the bottle while pouring to avoid the 'glug glug' effect of other pour spouts. The strainer may filter large cork pieces, but is not fine enough for sediment. The portion of the corker that fits inside the bottle has fit every bottle I've tried it in, from standard size bottles to the larger 1.5 liter bottles. It appears to be made from a flexible material that doesn't add any unwanted taste to the wine. " —Jack Dallas
Get it from Amazon for $9.57.
13. Schick Silk touch-up tools you can use for painless, precise eyebrow shaping, cleaning up peach fuzz hairs on your face, and even use to clear away dead skin. These little guys go a long way.
Promising review: "I regularly used the Tinkle facial razors which I thought worked well, but I just used one of these razors for the first time yesterday and OMG the amount of peach fuzz and to my surprise dead skin that came off was shocking and oh-so-satisfying. I will definitely be stocking up." —I & S. Stark
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $4.99.
14. Cleaning K-Cups for the easiest, fastest way to get your Keurig back to the clean condition it should always be in to brew your favorite hot beverage.
All you have to do is put one of these babies in like you would with any other K-Cup, brew one large cycle, watch dirty water get cleaned out, throw the pod away, and then return to brewing your favs.
Promising review: "We’ve had our Keurig for a few years, and with the exception of using only filtered water and dispensing hot water every so often, we’ve never cleaned the needle or K-Cup area. I used three cleaning cups back to back and WOW our machine was dirty! I'm so happy I purchased these! I’ll be keeping up on cleaning these more often." —Heather Garcia
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $9.95.
15. A leather cable organizer that's chic and pretty, but best of all? Very useful. Say goodbye to a messy tangle of wires and hello to organization.
Darrell Standing is a small business based out of Berdyans'k, Ukraine and sells a wide variety of leather handmade accessories from wallets, to watch cases, to travel accessories, and more!
Promising review: "These are great, they're exactly as pictured and do exactly what I need them to do — keep my cords together and keep everything neat! I was surprised to find that they even threw a couple in for free! I really appreciate it because I ended up being able to use the extras. Would highly recommend this shop to anyone/everyone." —Shawna
16. Anti-slip silicone glasses sleeves to keep your eyewear where it belongs, ya know, on your face, and NOT slipping and sliding down to the floor and risking getting broken AGAIN.
Promising review: "I was a little dubious about these, but my daughter's glasses were always falling off her face and to the floor, so if I could spend a couple of bucks to save her expensive glasses, it was worth a shot. In fact, because you get five pairs, I put a set on my glasses, and I'll be darned if they don't work really well. They add a little bit of bulk to your glasses so if you're extremely fashion-conscious, it's not like tape-on-the-bridge nerdy, but it's there. But if you're more concerned about having your glasses feel like they're going to stay put on your head, then you'll like these. They aren't too thick so you don't really notice them on your ears. In fact, because of the soft silicone, they actually result in less of the occasional soreness I would get from my glasses on my ears sometimes." —Domenico Bettinelli
Get a pack of five pairs (10 total) from Amazon for $6.99 (available in three colors).
17. A wearable nail polish holder so you can easily give yourself a fresh mani anywhere at home, minus the risk of spilling. Suddenly painting my nails a dark color while sitting on a white couch feels like a beautiful possibility.
Be sure to check out our write-up of the wonderful tweexy wearable nail polish holder!
Promising review: "Where has this been all my life? Definitely helps with DIY nail projects. When I had no idea this polish holder existed, I tried to find creative ways to hold my polish, so that it would be in a convenient spot. However, I never found that really worked for me, or felt comfortable. This holder holds all of my nail polishes easily and is very comfortable to wear. I love that the finger holes on the bottom are not enclosed so you can just pull the holder off without ruining your paint job. Just one tip: move the holder to your pointer finger when doing your thumb." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in 20 colors).
18. A reusable duster to attach to your Swiffer cleaner. These are made with eight layers of non-fraying fabric that'll seamlessly absorb dust and they can be thrown in the washing machine after use.
TS Designs is an Etsy shop based in West Leroy, Michigan that sells eco-friendly products like reusable water balloons, mop pads, sandwich and snack bags. They also offer a cute selection of gifts like fleece mittens, mugs, and affirmation cards.
Promising review: "These are very well made and a great addition to my cleaning supplies. I love them! They fit perfectly on the Swiffer and are easy to wash." —Frances Weckmann
19. The Spatty — a two-piece set of flexible, tiny spatulas that'll ensure the little bits of makeup or food remnants in the hard-to-reach crevices of the jar won't go to waste.
These are FDA- and USDA-approved, and BPA-free, and can fit into virtually any bottle. Plus, they're made of sturdy, resilient, and flexible material, and they're dishwasher-safe! Check out our review of The Spatty (#1)!
Promising review: "So worth it! I'm so happy with it. You will definitely save money using this. I think about how much I could have saved if this was invented 30 years ago. I mostly use it for small makeup jars. I tested out the longer one on a 18 oz. lotion and it worked fine. Some reviews complain about not being able to get every curve and corner of their container... oh please! You get so much more than you would without it." —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
20. A TubShroom to collect your hair while in the shower/bath, so you don't have to worry about your drains getting clogged up and creating more work for yourself.
This fits any standard 1.5-inch tub drain or bathroom sink drain. But, if you want to keep your hair-catching separate between your tub and sink, then treat yourself and your home to the SinkShroom!
Promising review: "This is absolutely worth every penny. Kudos to the inventor of this product. I have thick long dark hair, and after two months of moving into my own apartment, my shower drain was completely clogged with all my hair. After being disgusted at the amount of hair I had to clean out with a snake (which is NOT a fun task), I decided I needed to purchase something to prevent it from happening again. I read about this product in a BuzzFeed article, and I have no regrets. It is so satisfying to clean out, and it does not lie when it says it catches every single hair. I have had it for close to four months without once instance of my shower drain backing up. This product is absolutely worth it." —JT
Get it from Amazon for $12.66+ (available in five colors).
21. Insect traps that'll catch little buggies who dare invade your potted plants at home. The thought of bugs freely crawling around the plants in MY house is enough to keep me awake at night, IDK about you!
To use these, all you have to do is peel apart the traps, insert them into the adjustable stakes, and place them at the base of your plant so they can start trapping insects. Then, once it's full of bugs, you just discard it, and put in a new one!
Promising review: "There is NOTHING more irritating than gnats or any other tiny insects invading your home. I have these Sticky Stakes in every potted plant I own and they actually really work! Each pack comes with seven traps, so feel free to stock up." —Heather Braga, BuzzFeed Editor
Get a pack of seven from Amazon for $6.99.
22. Stainless-steel scrubbers to help ease the annoying task that is cleaning burnt pots, pans, grills, and broilers. Sorry not sorry, burnt-on pasta bits at the bottom of the pot — you're not welcome to stay.
Promising review: "I like to use a lot of cast-iron and stainless-steel pans. But you know what's the worst? Burnt-on oil. I bought these on Amazon because they were both cheap and well-reviewed. I expected these to be tough on my hands. They weren't. I expected them to fall apart pretty quickly. They didn't. I expected to have to use a lot of scrubbing force. I don't. What did they do? They removed the burnt-on oil on my stainless-steel pans and cast-iron pans with a refreshing ease. You apply a little pressure and move it around, and the grease disappears. These are cheap enough not to even give another thought to. Just put them in your cart and get them." —DM
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $1.89.
23. Glossier Balm Dotcom — a lip balm that'll help make your lips feel nourished and smooth. Reviewers especially love this product for the fact that it stays on for hours, even when you're eating/drinking.
This is hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, dermatologist-tested, and boasts long-lasting moisture!
Promising review: "As a professional lip balm collector, I would like to go out on a limb and say that this is probably the best balm I have used. It stays forever, doesn't wipe off with food, or drinks, or life, and is super nourishing. It's also really good value for the money and lasts forever, (mine has been with me since July 2018, and I'm writing this review in September 2019)." —Aayushi S.
Get it from Glossier for $12 (available in eight flavors).
24. Light-dimming stickers, because while you obviously adore your technology, you don't necessarily love the LED lights that radiate from it and keep you awake at night.
These dim 50–80% of light! They're super easy to use. All you have to do is just peel and stick, and they don't leave any sticky residue, so you can remove any time you need with ease. Plus, they can always be cut or adjusted to your preferences/needs. They also make black-out dimming sheets and you can get them right here.
Promising review: "This is the best thing you never knew you needed. I own a digital clock with the numbers displayed in red LED light, and every night I've blocked the light with a cover so it doesn't shine in my eyes as I sleep. Silly I know, but I like my room pitch black and cave-like. On a whim I bought this product. OH MY GOD! Game changer!! For the first night EVER I didn't have to cover the clock display before I went to bed!! I had no idea how big a difference this little dimmer could make, but I'm more than pleased with the result. I can still see the time display just fine, but now my room is a happy cave! Some commenters argue you could get the same effect using electrical tape but this product is easy to remove and doesn't leave a sticky residue at all, which can't be said for most tapes. I did notice a slight lag in response when I covered my TV LED sensor, so if you're trying to block something that actually senses inputs I would maybe not suggest this. Other than that, excellent product!" —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of 100 from Amazon for $7.49.
25. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – it may just become your new favorite product. (I, an acne-prone person, swear by my Niacinamide serum, but hey, that's just me). All you need are a few drops a day to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and congestion.
To use, apply a few drops of this to your entire face in the morning or evening before applying heavier creams. Note, that if topical vitamin C is part of your skincare routine, or will be part of it, it should be applied at alternate times with this serum in the a.m. It's free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Promising review: "THE BEST! I know its not for everyone based off the reviews, but this stuff is amazing for me. I have an oily T-zone and bumps on my forehead that never go away, and a week into using this my forehead is wayyy less red and the majority of the bumps have gone away! I think my skin purged as I had a lot of whiteheads around day three to four, and now after a week they are all gone, so push through. This stuff is great and the price is amazing." —Emily2899
Get it from Sephora for $5.90.
26. A migraine stick to help stop painful migraines in their tracks. As a migraine sufferer myself, I know how difficult it is to accomplish anything when a migraine hits, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to waste them on nursing yourself back to a fully functioning human when you get one.
Promising review: "I have had tension and migraine headaches for around 20 years. I have tried everything. OTC medication, prescription medication, pain injections, chiropractor etc... This topical oil has given me relief for nearly six weeks now. I have only had two to three headaches in that time, and they were mild. I ordered more already so I have some in my car and at home, and I bought some for two of my friends who suffer from chronic migraines. I would recommend this product to anyone with migraines. It is phenomenal." —Mary D.
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
27. A pack of toilet cleaning tabs — simply drop one of these into your porcelain throne, let it dissolve, and give it a quick scrub with a brush. Plus, they come in a variety of awesome scents like lavender, peppermint, lemongrass, citrus, and more!
28. A set of Velcro adhesive squares that, despite their tiny size, do a mighty job of supporting wall fixtures, temporarily holding together clothing emergencies, and more.
Promising review: "This Velcro is convenient to use! It is already sticky on the back, it's extremely strong in its hold, and is reasonably priced. I used this for my visual schedule for my little brother who is autistic and has trouble with transitioning. Because of this Velcro, that visual schedule will last for a long time." —Carol
Get a pack of 12 from Amazon for $6.35.
29. An anti-blister balm to apply before putting on your shoes so you can prevent those painful annoyances from even trying to happen.
This is made of allergen-free, plant-derived ingredients, and infused with Vitamins A and C!
Number of 5-star reviews/ratings: 3.8K+
Promising review: "I thought this stuff was a bunch of BS, I was like 'pssh what a waste of $8 ON AMAZON FOR THIS LITTLE THING.' Well, I put it on today on spots where my flats rub on my skin. My feet survived an entire day, INTACT! Highly recommend. This product made wearing shoes that rub on your ankles/backs of your feet doable!" —Jamie
Get it from Amazon for $8.
30. A mascara that'll give you lashes so dramatic, no one will believe you when you tell them you bought it for less than $5 on Amazon.
Number of 5-star reviews/ratings: 76.9K+
Promising review: "I got tired of breaking the bank over mascara. My sister suggested Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It provides dramatic length and great volume. I can honestly say I can’t stop looking at my eyelashes in the mirror every single day because of how awesome they look. Also, it is very long wearing. I go from an eight-hour workday right to the gym and sweat like crazy...and this stuff doesn’t budge! I love it!!" —Carrie E Miller
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.