25 Teen-Approved Products They Say Are Actually Cool
We asked and they told us.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Nike Air Force 1s take the prize in the shoe department — these popular sneakers have actually been around since 1982 and come in a variety of styles and colors. Plus, they're super comfy!
3. Apple AirPods, while pricy, are definitely worth it — at least according to the teens. They're especially good for walking to class, and their long battery life makes them a good investment.
6. Fjällräven Kånken backpacks are loved for their durability, comfort, and all the colors they come in. Plus, they hold a ton of things, so they're good for more than just bringing to school!
7. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay provides a thorough, deep-cleaning facial to help get rid of the yucky stuff hiding deep in the pores.
8. Dr. Martens combat boots are a trendy choice in the footwear department. Not to mention, they're great for getting you through rough winter conditions, and they'll last a while!
9. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna is one of a few beauty brands the teens truly swear by. They're known for carrying a wide variety of shades well-suited for various skin tones!
10. Blue light blocking glasses are becoming significantly more popular since it's 2019 and quite frankly, we ALL spend way too much time staring at screens. These can help reduce painful eye strain and headaches tied to too much glare exposure.
12. Aromatherapy diffusers provide a great way to relax and de-stress, because being a teenager is tough work.
13. Eyeliner stamps can help achieve the perfect cat eye-look, without having to spend forever getting it right and not smudging it up.
15. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream is a solid choice for those in the market for a moisturizer that's gentle on sensitive skin. It helps alleviate dry skin and can also help with hormonal acne.
18. Fanny packs may have once been a laughing stock of an accessory, but now they're both trendy and useful. These are so handy to have when it comes to going to concerts/music festivals and traveling!
19. Cassette tapes — the teens made it clear that vintage-y items are making a comeback and they're COOL. I mean, no, cassette tapes aren't replacing Spotify anytime soon, but it's all about the ~vibe.~
20. Puka shell necklaces aren't new, but according to the teens, they're trendy right now, and thankfully, they're reasonably-priced.
21. Elf Cosmetics boasts some of the cheapest prices, without skimping on quality. It's pretty amazing when you can save your money for important things, like ya know, college, and not blow it all on beauty products!
23. Love Beauty and Planet makes amazing skin and hair products that are infused with organic and sustainable ingredients and come packaged in bottles that are made of 100% recycled materials. Again, the teens are into sustainability, and it's truly incredible to watch.
24. Bath & Body Works candles, because for starters, who doesn't love a good candle? Second, who doesn't love a delicious Bath & Body Works scent? Third, when you combine the two, how can you not love a Bath & Body Works candle? Teens — you are onto something.
25. Thrive Causemetics sells quality products at affordable prices, but most importantly, donates a portion of proceeds to important causes like helping domestic abuse survivors, cancer survivors, animals, women in the workplace, homeless women, and more.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.