We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The Pink Stuff, a TikTok-famous cleaning product so good, you may wanna part ways with every other cleaning product you own. Seriously, this amazing stuff can be used on a plethora of household items and surfaces (both indoors and outdoors).
This awesome stuff can be used to clean like, a bajillion and one things, but note that it shouldn't be used on plastic or acrylic surfaces, highly polished stainless steel, or hot/warm surfaces, so of course, you can use it on cooktops and grills, just be sure to do so once they've cooled down! Plus, this is vegan!
Promising review: "Oh my gosh — this stuff is a life changer! Used it to get my fiberglass shower totally clean. Nothing else would get it done and this stuff brought my shower back to near-new in one use. We’ve since cleaned a weird chalky film off our garage door, removed wall markings, and cleaned my storm door. We’ll never be without a jar (or three) of this stuff. Worth every penny." —Nancy F.
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
2. A portable carpet and upholstery cleaner that boasts strong spray and suction so cleaning stubborn stains will feel effortless. Messes left behind by pets or small children shouldn't mean permanently ruined carpets, furniture, or car interiors.
Promising review: "I wish I would have ordered this sooner. It has removed stains that I thought were permanent. When my son moved out, I discovered an old red wine stain under his bedside table that had likely been there for years. No trace of it remains. So easy to use!" —Kristi Rector
Get it from Amazon for $120.
3. Dishwasher cleaning tablets so the machine you rely on to clean the things you use to eat isn't gunking them up even more.
These tablets remove odor-causing residue and help get rid of lime and mineral build-up that naturally occurs inside dishwashers. The tablet is designed to last throughout the entire wash cycle, and is recommended for use about once a month. These are safe to use in stainless-steel tub and plastic tub dishwashers.
Promising review: "After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher due to super cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then, I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing its job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in a magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my subscribe and save order, so I will get a new pack every six months. I am amazed!" —Sheila
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $11.78.
4. Wet & Forget, a super simple cleaner you just spray in your shower/tub once a week. The best part? You don't have to scrub...like...at all. Just rinse it the next day and you're good to go. I know, I know, I'm crying tears of joy, too.
Promising review: "We cannot BEGIN to tell you what a lifesaver this is! We have two old fiberglass tubs with vinyl shower enclosures that no matter what amount of scrubbing we have done with everything from bleach to cleanser to vinegar and baking soda would NOT come clean. After I took my shower last night, I sprayed down the tub and walls. Within minutes, all the built-up water deposits and dirt and grime began to melt away in front of my eyes. I left it on overnight, and when I got up this morning, it did not look like the same tub and shower. This product is a godsend, especially for old folks like us who have difficulty getting down on our hands and knees and scrubbing anything. More importantly, it performs as advertised. This is truly an overnight sensation!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.98.
5. A pet hair roller because everything about our little fluffy friends is absolutely perfect except for the fact that their fur and hair gets on everything we own. But we still love them, right?
Promising review: "Where has this been all my cat-loving life? Sticky rollers work fine for clothes but this is the only product that has ever COMPLETELY removed all the cat hair from my bed. I have a long-haired 20 pound tabby and if you run your hands up his back a few times and fling the hair everywhere, it looks like it's snowing – he never stops shedding no matter what I do. After using the ChomChom, I can put on a black dress and roll around on my bed and not get a single hair on me. It's absolutely amazing. Everyone is getting one for Christmas, even if they don't have a pet. I don't care; it's THAT good." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
6. And a pet hair-removal broom and squeegee to help you get rid of furry messes living in your carpet. It might not be visible to the naked eye, but you just KNOW it's living in your carpet...and TBH...it's quite gross.
There's a rake side and a squeegee side, which both effectively do the deed. My colleague also had major success using this to clean up her own hair from her carpet — check out her FURemover broom review.
Promising review: "This is a genius invention with a rubbery broom that catches everything! Today I didn't think the floor really needed to be swept, but the Furemover proved me wrong. I ended up with a big tumbleweed of dog hair and my hair and who knows what else? The handle telescopes far longer than I need (I'm 5'8") but the telescoping comes in handy when sweeping under the couch or other out-of-the-way places. This is a game-changer if you have a lot of fur or hair in your home. You must try this, I am so happy with this purchase!" —Frannie
Get it from Amazon for $23.25.
7. A mold and mildew removal gel for making your bathroom surfaces look brand new. Mold and mildew are bound to happen, there's no need to fret!
Promising review: "Wow! I would give this 10 stars if I could. We've had issues for a few years with the caulking behind the handle of our kitchen faucet turning black from mildew. We've scrubbed with what seems like a million different products, with no luck. We were actually just talking about ripping out the caulking and doing a total replacement. But, my husband saw this online the other day and decided to order it. Almost immediately when he applied it, you could see it was starting to work. We left it on overnight and the black is COMPLETELY GONE! It's incredible. 1,000% worth the (small) investment. Seriously — just buy this. It's amazing!!" —Nicole D.
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
8. A carpet spot remover spray to clean stains so fast and easy, Stanley Steemer is going to start plugging YOUR phone number in their catchy jingles.
Good for removing spots and stains from colorfast carpet, rugs, upholstery, and clothing without leaving a sticky residue or needing to rinse or vacuum. To use, apply to the stain, gently agitate with your fingers, and blot with absorbent cloth. This is non-toxic and should be non-irritating on the skin!
Promising review: "I had terrible rust and oil stains all over the seats of my car when I bought it. I tried other cleaners to get it out, but they actually made the stains darker. I took it to the dealership to see if they could get it out and they flat out told me no, so I gave up and lived with it for almost five years. I tried this after it was recommended by a friend. I sprayed it on and literally watched the stain run right off my seat. It was amazing! I thought I was going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace the seats in my car because nothing else would work. This stuff really is awesome!" —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $12.85.
9. A stain and odor remover because those messes and unpleasant smells left behind by your fur babies are no match for its cleaning powers.
Rocco & Roxie is is a family-owned small business that sells all sorts of great pet products like collars and leashes, shampoos, and small-batch treats!
Promising review: "I'm not going to lie, this stuff is significantly more expensive than most other available carpet sprays. You could probably buy four or five bottles of Febreze for the cost of this stuff, but the competition won't work nearly as well as Rocco & Roxie. This stuff is AMAZING." —Brian
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
10. An oven cleaning spray so next time you go to open the oven door and pop in dinner, you're not tempted to puke all over it because of the yucky buildup you've let your oven accumulate.
Good for use on ovens, broilers, and barbecue grills. Only takes about five minutes to spot clean.
Promising review: "Fantastic product!! Wish I knew about it sooner. Also wish I took before and after photos because it is that amazing. Just be careful to protect the heating elements before spraying it. I forgot, so it smelled a bit when I used the oven the first time after cleaning it. The smell didn't last long though." —Ivana K.
Get it from Amazon for $16.84.
11. A pumice cleaning stone to scratch away at those — TBH, pretty repulsive — toilet stains without leaving horrid scratch marks in the bowl.
It's over 40% denser than similar products so it has a longer life! The handle allows you to keep your hands clean while cleaning the toilet. It removes calcium, lime, and hard-water stains using gentle abrasive action, and cleans porcelain fixtures, hard-water stains, pool tile, toilet bowls, barbecues, steel, and stone.
Promising review: "I have a 19-year-old bathroom toilet that had accumulated some nasty stains over time, and regular toilet brushes and cleaning products just would not remove them. I decided to try this pumice stone, and it worked like a charm! Given the nature and severity of the stains, it required some elbow grease. But 10 minutes later, I have a new-looking bowl, and I see no signs of scratching." —Happy Retiree
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
12. A jetted bathtub cleaner — just fill up your luxurious bath, add a quarter of the bottle, and watch it work its magic by removing gross residue.
Each bottle cleans about four times, and it's septic-safe! Only takes about 15 minutes to clean!
Promising review: "Love this stuff. I was skeptical at first. I am a huge germaphobe and this worked well enough for me to actually take a bath at my new place with the jets on!" —Ann
Get it from Amazon for $17.84.
13. A cooktop cleaning kit because you're using this thing to make your meals, so naturally it's going to get dirty. Sometimes things fall out of the pot, sometimes things splatter from the pan, and sometimes burns happen because you're too busy dancing to the Jonas Brothers and forgot about your pasta...not speaking from personal experience!
Comes with a 10-ounce bottle of cooktop cleaner, a cleaning pad, and a scraper. It helps to clean grease, stains, and remove burnt and baked-on deposits.
Promising review: "I had tried four different cleaners before discovering this one and I wish I would have found it sooner! All of that caked-on liquid that runs out of the pans and burns into the stovetop while you’re cooking?? This removes all of it. It doesn’t scratch your glass top stovetop and it leaves it looking brand new. I won’t ever buy another cleaner — this is it for me!" —Christine
Get it from Amazon for $12.29.
14. Lifting pads you can just press down into rug stains — ya know, things from pets, spilled drinks, blood, dirt, and more. Keep it there for up to 24 hours and say, "Adios, stains!"
Promising review: "These things are AMAZING. They are magical. If you have a pet who has accidents in the house, these are a MUST-HAVE. After your pet has an accident, all you need to do is open up the packet, place the pad on the accident spot, and then step on the pad to release the magic formula. Leave it there for at least half an hour or up to 24 hours. Why the discrepancy, you might be asking? Because these pads work on DRIED STAINS. Holla!!!! My puppy has been driving me bonkers with accidents in the house, but I don't sweat it anymore thanks to these pads. They are seriously miracle-workers, and I will always have a supply of them in my house going forward." —Lisa Koivu
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $24.99.
15. Melamine cleaning sponges — extra thick, but gentle sponges ready to tackle all sorts of surfaces in and around your home. They're described as "magic" for a reason.
All you gotta do is wet and swipe!
Promising review: "I own a cleaning business and have spent a small fortune on the name brand. I clean everything from condo rentals to long term lease/residential rentals and I have had to clean unimaginable NASTY, I mean 'pics or it didn't happen' kind of nasty and these cut right through it. They work just as well as the name brand, if not better, and they seem to last a little longer!" —Keisha Marie
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $11.95.
16. A hard water boosting powder that'll help give your kitchenware a tougher clean than just detergent alone. Plus, it leaves behind a fresh lemon scent, and personally, I'm a sucker for anything lemon-scented.
Just add this to your pre-wash chamber with detergent. If you don't have a pre-wash chamber, don't fret. Just add 2 tablespoons to the bottom of your dishwasher!
Promising review: "Prior to using this product I ALWAYS scrubbed my dishes clean before putting them into the dishwasher, heck, my boyfriend would wash the dishes with soap and then put the dishes in the dishwasher, and they would still come out dirty! After using this one time, I was a believer. I don’t ever add anything to be re-purchased automatically, but this made the list (and is still the only item on that list). It smells great, and best of all, my dishes are CLEAN!!!!" —Johanna Wei
Get it from Amazon for $6.12.
17. A carpet cleaning solution for those whose home deserves a million-dollar-looking floor...for under $20 that is.
Sunny & Honey is a family-run small biz that sells home cleaning products. This stuff both cleans AND deodorizes carpets. It can be used in pretty much all machines — Hoover, Bissell, Rug Doctor, Kenmore, Carpet Express. The solution works on all water-safe surfaces like carpets, rugs, furniture, and automobiles. Plus, it's biodegradable and nontoxic.
Promising review: "This works like a dream. I have light beige carpets, and this gets all the dirt and stains right out." —Karen M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
18. A power scrubbing cleaning kit you can attach to your drill and get to work making your living space look brand freakin' new.
Comes with three different sizes and shapes of brushes. The bristles won't scratch and are good to use on tubs, sinks, baseboards, fiberglass shower enclosures, shower door tracks, and porcelain. BTW, the drill isn't included, but you can find a bunch of great ones on Amazon!
Promising review: "I bought this on a whim because my walk-in shower is just a pain to clean. I'm 51 and I guess I've just been old school with how I clean, so I was hand scrubbing it for years. The FIRST time I used this to clean my shower, it took five minutes AND it scrubbed my shower cleaner than it has been in years. In the corners, the floor, the glass door, everything came out squeaky clean. I'm NEVER cleaning my shower by hand again." —Terry
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in different brush stiffnesses).
19. A stainless steel polishing spray with a microfiber cloth that'll make your stainless steel appliances look as if they were just delivered to you yesterday.
Comes with a microfiber cloth! This is good for use on stainless refrigerators, stoves, sinks, dishwashers, microwaves, grills, and other appliances!
Promising review: "In my experience, cleaning products usually need to be pretty strong chemicals that require care when applying. When faced with options, I usually buy the chemical with the most skull and cross bones, warning labels, and danger symbols I can find. I figure the more volatile and poisonous the chemical, the better it will work! So I was skeptical about this product when it was billed as a plant based chemical on the other end of the toxicity spectrum. I decided to try it because of the many positive reviews. I'm glad I did. It works great! I wouldn't use it as a mouthwash, but it certainly isn't as harsh as other cleaners I've used." —Joe
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
20. A grout pen to get your floors shining like the top of the Chrysler building in no time at all. Did you hire a fancy schmancy service to clean your tiles? Nope, you used a PEN to cover it all up.
Pen is ideal for use on floors and walls!
I moved into an apartment building a couple months ago and while I wouldn't say it's old, it's definitely not "new" either. One of the most notable things about the apartment I wanted to take care of after moving in was the grout between the tiles. It wasn't super gross from a distance, but up close, I knew I wanted to do something about it. I've featured this pen sooo many times in articles, so I finally bought one and it works so well. I thought of it as a teeth whitening pen, but for tile grout. No scrubbing or extra cleaning needed. Just swipe the pen and watch it go from dirty to bright and clean!
21. A hard-water stain remover that'll help clean stubborn messes and restore your surfaces to brand new condition.
This helps eliminate hard water stains, rust, and limescale from things like shower doors, shower stalls, shower glass, windshields, windows, glass, barbecues, chrome, tile, toilets, granite, steel, fiberglass, pools, bath tubs, sinks, granite, marble, chrome, boats, autos, brass, stone, metals, porcelain, brass, alumnium, stainless steel, hard vinyl, and more!
Promising review: "When we moved into our new place the shower doors looked like they had never been cleaned before. I tried at least 10 different products and methods to remove the hard water spots but nothing even made a dent. Bio Clean, however, was like a magic eraser! I scrubbed each door for about 10 minutes and it was incredible! I’ve never written a cleaning product review before but this one is worth every penny." —Shane B
Get it from Amazon for $18.76.
22. A rust stain remover spray you can basically think of as fairy pixie dust in a bottle. I mean, just look at the photos below. Point proven. Case closed. Onto the next one.
It comes in an easy-to-use trigger spray and is ideal for cleaning bathtubs, showers, toilets, colorfast fabrics, vertical surfaces, and hard-to-reach spots. Plus, it's nonabrasive, and made with non-hydrofluoric acid based formula which is safer than other similar liquid rust stain removers.
Promising review: "Holy wizardry! Seriously it was more work to clean the mirror over the vanity than use this product. With almost no effort, this made my dark orange, iron-water shower stall white again. I definitely suggest wearing a mask or bandana and running the ventilation fan if spraying in an enclosed area. Great product!" —Jessica B
Get it from Amazon for $10.80.