22 Gifts Teens Actually Want To Receive For The Holidays
We asked and they told us.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. A teddy jacket to ensure they're decked out in what is going to be a huge winter trend, and for good reason. It's fluffy, soft, and hella cute.
5. A weighted blanket to help give them the best night of sleep of their life. The pressure from the blanket is said to provide a sensory input to the brain to release seratonin, which can help people calm down.
6. A Bluetooth shower speaker that'll make getting up in the morning to shower for school a way less painful experience — dare I even say... a fun one?!
7. A ticket (or set of tickets if you're feeling generous, so they can go with their friends) to what is going to be the HOTTEST concert tour of 2019 — aka Ariana Grande's Sweetener World Tour.
8. A portable mini printer to print out photos from your mobile phone wherever you are. This generation will never know the struggle of having to bring photos to get developed somewhere, ugh.
9. A vanity mirror that'll make them feel like the glamorous star they are every single day when they're getting ready to go to school or just hang out with friends.
10. A personalized name necklace for a piece of jewelry you already know they can get a ton of use out of.
11. A giant teddy bear to keep their hearts extra warm and happy. The last few years have been a shit show, snuggling up to a big-ass teddy bear is what we all need and deserve.
12. An Amazon gift card that'll give them free rein to pick out something nice to buy themselves. Amazon has pretty much everything they could possibly want, and takes out the guesswork for you.
16. A Sephora subscription box for a gift you can truly keep on giving them once a month — perfect for gifting the beauty fanatic in your life, or someone who's interested in getting into new products, but doesn't know where to start.
18. A drawing tablet that'll keep your up-and-coming graphic designer busy for hours, days, weeks, months, years....
19. A unique item from Etsy (like a cool enamel pin or some statement jewelry). Etsy just has so many amazing crafty products to give as heartfelt gifts.
20. A 23andMe DNA kit to show them where their ancestors came from, and give them an opportunity to learn more about what makes them who they are.
21. A Taylor Swift merch item, ya know, if they're a Taylor Swift fan. As a totally unbiased fan myself, I do agree that anything from her merch line makes a great gift.
22. And last but certainly not least, when all else fails... MONEY. A tangible gift, or even a gift card is more heartfelt than a card filled with cash, but hey, the teens won't say no to money if you give it to them.
Happy holidays from Taylor and me.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.