28 Pet Products From Amazon You’ll Probably Feel Smart For Investing In
Robot laser pointers, treat-dispensing pet monitors, and other ingenious pet problem-solvers.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
1. A Wi-Fi–enabled pet monitoring device that lets you watch, talk to, and send treats your cherished companion from an app on phone, which reviewers are happy they bought for all-the-time peace of mind.
2. A bottle of Poop Off bird poop remover you spray can on soiled cages, upholstery, and carpet, then wipe clean to clear out droppings in a snap. You'll feel like a cleaning genius.
3. An Arm & Hammer sifting litter box that'll save you time and money because you'll end up using less litter and will able able to clean in a fraction of the time, compared to using a scoop. It pays for itself!
4. A set of foldaway traction-padded plastic pet steps — which weigh only five pounds but can support pets up to 150 pounds — to help your fur babies make their way in and out of cars, beds, and couches without risking injury. Owners who want to cater to their pet's mobility needs agree this is a total game-changer.
5. A styptic system with pain-relieving benzocaine that comes in a powder, pads, and gel swabs to quickly stop bleeding from minor cuts and nail trimming. You don't want to ever need it, but if you do, you'll feel smart for having it on hand.
6. A 6-liter smart pet feeder with app-controlled portion control, distribution alarms, and the ability to play a short recorded audio message during each mealtime that reviewers say is a wise addition to your pet's feeding routine if you need portion control or the ability to manage mealtime from out of the house.
7. A Niteangel silent hamster wheel so your small pet can run their little hearts out without keeping you up. It's a great investment in the well-being of everyone involved.
8. An olive oil-based paw butter that's pH balanced, smells like cookies (yum!), and is an inexpensive, effective way to heal dry and cracked paws with the first application. You'll be glad you tried it.
9. A mat that traps kitty litter so you can vacuum it up from one spot instead of having to deal with it getting tracked all over the house, which is a smart idea worth it for the time saved alone.
10. An around-the-neck fleece small animal carrier for pets up to 6 pounds that's an ingenious way for you and your hamster, guinea pig, chinchilla, puppy, or kitten to stay close when while you work from home and run errands.
11. A toothpaste to clean your canine's canines, molars, and incisors that's poultry-flavored so your pupper will actually enjoy using it. It's a smart, low-cost solution for doggos who don't like the vet or anyone who wants to improve their dog's oral hygiene themselves.
12. And a set of dental scrapers for an easy investment in your pupper's oral health and wellness. Reviewers say they're easy to use even in the tiniest of pup mouths and do a fabulous job freeing mouths from tortuous tartar buildup.
13. A best-selling hanging or free-standing cat scratcher in the shape of a cactus that's just adorable and that your cat would give two thumbs up, if they had thumbs. Just about everyone says their kitty started using it immediately, and it's a far less frustrating alternative to fixing your scratched up furniture, rugs, clothes, and carpets.
14. An adorable bed with removable stuffing small animals just love and you'll be a fan of too, because it's not just cute — it's also designed for durability and easy cleaning.
15. A six-foot, tangle-resistant, extra-strong rope leash with a padded handle you'll thank yourself for buying, because now you can take your rapacious rascal for a romp without having to worry about chapped and blistered hands from their never-ending tugs.
16. An outdoor cat house that'll make you feel like a cat expert, because you finally figured out a way to give your free-range feline friends a safe place to relax and recharge.
17. And heated dog bed for your indoor fur babies, because even though you love to cuddle too, you'll be so relieved once you get your bed to yourself again.
18. A machine washable couch cover that is positively pee-proof, ischeaper than an upholstery cleaner, and will make you feel pleasantly smug after your baby has an accident on your favorite piece of furniture and your only clean-up is to toss this in the washer.
19. A nontoxic, nonflammable, alcohol-free, eco-friendly, essential oil based odor-neutralizing concentrate to thoroughly de-funk your stuff and spaces that works by bonding with malodorous molecules and chemically stripping them of their smelly powers. It's a no-brainer for anyone who's tried everything, and definitely money well-spent.
20. A chicken xylophone that's top-rated because it's a canny and inexpensive way to get your clucking chums to stop pecking at each other.
21. An airtight food storage system reviewers call the best investment they've made, to keep your pet's chow safe from pests, mold, and companions who like to get into the kibble when they're not supposed to.
22. An all-terrain stroller for pets up to 60 pounds to take your pal for a walk even when they can't walk on their own. It's a bit of a splurge, but reviewers say it's a wise choice over cheaper alternatives because it's sturdy, lasts a while, and is easy to maneuver in snow, mud, and on rough surfaces.
23. A topical analgesic that works immediately, because finding something that helps relieve your horse from pain is priceless — and humans say it works for them, too.
24. A bird cage cover, because any way to get yourself and your feathered friend a good night's sleep is a great investment.
25. A medicated anti-fungal, anti-yeast, anti-bacterial spray that painlessly and effectively resolves yeast infections, hot spots, paw licking, allergies, and acne, that reviewers say works wonders on hard-to-treat problems, bringing relief to you and your furry friend.
26. An automated laser pointer that turns itself on throughout the day, because 25 bucks is a small price to pay for your dog or cat to be endlessly entertained instead of tearing up your furniture because you're out of the house and they're bored.
27. A pair of studded rubber grooming gloves that strip dandruff and shedding fur like nothing else, and are a smart prevention strategy to avoid hairballs and other messes.
28. And a Bissell handheld vacuum, which packs serious hair removal power and is an ingenious investment for any pet owner who loves their fur baby but isn't a huge fan of seeing that fur left behind on everything they own.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.