5. Get organized.
Finding the perfect dress, and figuring out cake flavor, wedding planning can get real stressful real quick, and the last thing you want to happen is to miss an important detail because you didn’t make a wedding to-do checklist.
8. Choose a date ASAP.
You ever notice that when you have a deadline, you get to it faster? It’s the same with your wedding. Once you’ve chosen your venue, pick a date for the big day. That way, you know your timeline and you can start sending out “Save the Date” cards to your friends and family.
9. Stick to your budget.
I can’t emphasize this point enough! If you set a budget for your wedding, make sure you stick to it! There are so many ways you can still have a, but believe me when I say that nothing sours a marriage faster than struggling to pay off a 30K wedding bill.
10. Honor your maid-of-honor.
Don’t yell at her when she buys the wrong shade of blue. After all, she may just be your maid-of-honor for your wedding day but she’s also your best friend for life. So stop freaking out at her and appreciate her for all she’s doing.
11. Schedule date night with your partner.
It’s easy to get so lost in all the hectic wedding planning that you forget to make time for your significant other. At least once a week, unplug from the wedding whirlwind and spend some alone time your fiancé.
12. Stop trying to “size down.”
Don’t fall into the trap of buying a wedding dress a size too small to force your body to shed a couple of pounds before your big day. Seriously, it’s not worth it. You’ll only make yourself crankier, and you don’t need that.
Check out more tips here!
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.