1. When dressing for an occasion, it is important to wear appropriately sized accessories.
3. If your prop is too large, it may make you appear smaller in comparison.
6. Similarly, choosing too small of attire may lead others to believe you are actually a giant.
9. Gentlemen, if you got swag, you better bring it
13. ...Because you know the b*tches will be dressed to impress!
16. Seriously. We're talking body paint.
18. It's always important to dress for the weather..
21. ..and to pace yourself- take a nap if you get too worn out.
24. Remember, there is such a thing as trying TOO hard!
28. If you're too shy to dress up all on your own, recruit friends.
32. Really, the more the merrier!
34. Pose with a patriotic background, and you'll be ready for your closeup!
36. No time for a costume? You can never go wrong carrying the ol' stars and stripes
41. So this 4th of July, have fun, and let your flag fly- no matter how you choose to do it!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!