1. Classic stars and stripes can be mixed and matched with other designs.
2. Can't figure out how to make a star? Take the easy route.
3. Or, skip the polish details entirely and go for glitter.
4. Rock out with metallic talons.
5. Or be a heavy-metal superhero!
6. Extra ambitious? Try a tiny flag French manicure (err... Freedom manicure).
7. Go for a bit of prep with pretty bows.
8. Get crafty with a stamping kit to add some precise stars.
9. Put your stripes where your stars are...
10. Or skip the stars altogether!
11. Go for retro with clean lines.
12. And don't leave your friends out of the fun!
13. Go nuts with stripes...
14. ...Or overload on stenciled stars.
15. Let your nail-flag wave.
16. Use stamps to get detailed.
17. Or take the easy route with polka dots.
18. Go with a marbled look for some nostalgia.
19. Choose alternating stripe patterns for a more subtle approach.
20. Not into overkill? Set an accent nail among solids for a punch of patriotism.
21. Bring Lady Liberty along for a cameo.
22. Add some 3-D decoration for a blingy twist.
23. Alternate patterns to catch the eye.
24. Pay homage to Captain America with stars and shields.
25. ...or with a more interpretive take.
26. Bring on some Team USA cheer.
27. Or go for the gold with a touch of shine.
28. Forget the stars entirely and get the point across with a nautical vibe.
29. Mostly dots should make this look easy to achieve.
30. Get two looks in one with a diagonal division.
31. Be extra charming with delicate details.
32. Or some bold bling!
33. Load on the sparkle and shine
34. Keep it simple and elegant.
35. Don't forget the fireworks!
36. Whatever else you do, let your flag fly and have fun! It's the American Dream!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!