- samanthajanek "Here's Why Mariah Carey Doesn't Give ..."
Response to What Random Fact Always Blows Your Mind?:
For a really long time, people thought stomach ulcers were caused by stress, genetics, or poor diet. An Australian pathologist, Robin Warren, noticed that about half of the biopsy samples he’d examined from patients with stomach ulcers all had the same bacteria colonizing the area of the ulcer, Heliobacter pylori. Warren did further research on ulcers with another doctor, Barry Marshall, and together they successfully isolated an H. pylori culture from the majority of the biopsies, but it still wasn’t clear as to whether the bacteria was the cause of infection. Because it would be unethical to purposefully infect someone with a microbe that might have given them an ulcer, Marshall himself drank a broth that contained H. pylori, successfully gave himself a stomach ulcer, cured himself with antibiotics, and he and Warren won the 2005 Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine.
- samanthajanek "Adele Broke Her 15 Day Twitter Silenc..."
- samanthajanek "Which College Has The Largest Enrollm..."
- samanthajanek "17 Pictures Of Bill Clinton Realizing..."
- samanthajanek "Mila Kunis Says That She And Ashton F..."
- samanthajanek "Chimamanda Adichie Doesn't Think Wome..."
- samanthajanek "Zendaya Responded To A Troll Who Twee..."
- samanthajanek "Here's The Deal With Vaginal Discharg..."
- samanthajanek "This Kitten Escaping Its Cage To See ..."
- samanthajanek "26 Tweets About Women And Friendships..."
- samanthajanek "12 Ways You Can Support The New "Ghos..."
- samanthajanek "19 People Who Are So Happy “Game of T..."
- samanthajanek "A Mom Is "Correcting Yellowface" By T..."
- samanthajanek "23 Times Disney Princesses Were You H..."