Note: These stories are taken at face value – we cannot confirm the veracity of these personal accounts. Also, heads up, several of these submissions are anecdotes about people other than the Redditor themselves.
2. "My friend's aunt went on a blind date with Gerard Butler, circa 300."
"There was a big miscommunication because he was looking for a hook-up and she's a kindly French-Canadian woman in her fifties. They both had a laugh about it and enjoyed supper with each other. She said he was very kind, and very muscular."
3. "I have a family friend who dated Daniel Radcliffe."
"I was seven and a huge Harry Potter fan at the time they dated. I don't remember much aside from the fact that he was a really sweet guy, and on my eighth birthday, someone told him about it and he texted me a happy birthday message despite never having met me. Absolutely made it the best birthday ever!"
5. "Not a date per se, but I had a nice quiet dinner with Samantha Fox in her hotel room in Toronto in the '80s."
"She was in town for a show and I was attached to her security detail. She asked me to eat with her because she didn't want to go out but hated eating alone. Sweet girl, kinda sad too. Lonely."
13. "I had an English teacher that went on a date with Mark Hamill just after filming Star Wars in the '70s."
"She said he was a nice guy and very humble. He said he was a small-time actor and that he'd just finished a new movie that he thought might be successful. They only went out once and she never heard from him again. She saw him in Star Wars a few months later and had her mind blown."
14. "Not a romantic date, but I had a group dinner once at a Japanese restaurant with Leonardo DiCaprio while he was in Louisiana filming Django Unchained."
"He wanted to know what college was like and was asking us all about our lives. He also let me try his udon. It was my first ever Instagram post! He really is such a nice guy – it felt like we were hanging out with our friend!"
17. "My wife briefly dated Louis C.K. back in 2012."
"She says it seems kind of awful to be famous. Any time they went out to eat or were in public they were just constantly interrupted or stared at. The story that always sticks with me is that one day he went out and bought a $150,000 watch because he felt sad."
19. "My mom went on a few dates with Ted Cruz in college."
"They were both republicans at different schools and met at the '94 Republican National Convention. She ended up not calling him back after a few dates because she said he always talked like he was giving a speech. Apparently he was planning on running for president even back then in his 20s."
Note: Some entries were edited for length and/or clarity.