Women Are Sharing The Red Flags They've Found In Guys' Apartments And Let Me Be The First To Say, "Ew"
"Using a desk calendar of naked girls as toilet paper."
1. "His pet rat free to roam the dining table."
"I'm fine with rodents, but not where you make food. There were also three other rats in the freezer waiting for the fourth and lone survivor to kick it so they could all be cremated together."
2. "Plates and/or silverware crusted with old food."
"Bonus points if they're plastic. Extra bonus points if they're in the bedroom. Extra extra bonus points if they're in the sink with the dishwasher empty."
3. "Once went on a date with a guy. Went back to his studio apartment and there was a security camera on the wall that had the bed and whole living area in view."
"Didn’t know him very well and I didn’t fully trust the camera was off. Red flag."
4. "No cleaning supplies."
"No toilet cleaner, dish soap, dish rack, mop, broom, vacuum, dirty dishes in the sink (like a pile that hasn't been done in a while), no trash bag in the trash can."
7. "I once dated a guy who had a six-inch marijuana plant growing from his damply disgusting bathroom carpet."
"It wasn't so much the weed that put me off, it was that he had shag carpeting in the bathroom."
11. "Much more stuff than he can realistically afford to own."
"And I don't just mean unmanageable debt. Let's say he has no debts but he's consistently vague or dodgy about what he does for a living. FLEE."
12. "Stayed overnight at a guy's house once and brought my toothbrush to brush my teeth in the morning, but he had no toothpaste."
"He only had mouthwash and used that to brush his teeth. Most bizarre thing I’d ever seen and he had great teeth!"
13. "No hand towels/paper towels/anything to dry my fucking hands on in the bathroom after I washed them."
14. "Having worked with social services, if the bathroom lock looks like it’s been replaced several times, leave and don’t go back."
15. "A bathroom sink and floor so covered in hair you’re not sure what colour the sink is/was."
16. "Dishes that are completely different and not in a stylish sort of way."
"My ex had these sort of dishes. His mum obviously bought them, they bore no semblance of the man. Come to find out his mum also bought all his toilet paper, paper towels, hygiene stuff, cleaning supplies, and she stopped by once a week to clean up. Guess who spent the next seven years doing every ounce of housework and shopping? Clue one was the dishes."
17. "Anything with a confederate flag."
"Not so uncommon in the south, unfortunately."
19. "Roommates who don't ask your name or really even say hi."
"This usually means he has girls in and out of his apartment and they don't feel like putting the effort in any longer."
Note: Some entries were edited for length and/or clarity.