We recently asked the LGBTQ+ members of the BuzzFeed Community about their turn-ons, and they didn't disappoint! Here are some of the best responses...
1. "I'm into competent butches pretty exclusively."
"I'll be foaming at the mouth listening to a girl explaining how to install a wifi router 😂."
2. "As a demi, a sense of humour and being able to connect and read me."
"The only physical traits that might spike my interest – once emotionally connected – are body hair, muscular arms, unique to that person features such as eyes, birth marks etc., especially if there's a story there."
3. "I'm asexual, so it's not a 'turn-on' per se, but I'm a sucker for a lady or enby with a soft belly."
"My wife (who is a trans woman) has one, and it's one of my favorite physical traits of her's. It's great for hugs and cuddles!"
5. "A big turn-on is a man telling me how he wants to kiss me."
"I have a big thing for proper making out."
6. "Glasses! It doesn't matter your gender."
"A good pair of glasses makes you instantly hotter. Especially girls in glasses and a ponytail 👏👏👏."
7. "A toned soft stomach/navel."
"Both on men and women – I get turned on a lot by them!"
8. "Women with something chunky around the middle, e.g. a builders belt or a police officers belt."
"I think it's because it exaggerates the hip movements, I'm not sure. It does nothing for me in a man though... 🤷🏻♀️."
13. "Just well dressed people".
"I don't mean designer or expensive shit – there's something really sexy about someone with a good sense of style."
14. "I like the smell of like a nice fall day and my gf smells like that."
"I DO NOT GO AROUND SNIFFING PEOPLE YOU CREEPS!"
15. "Bad dancers."
"I love people who don't have co-ordination, but are confident enough to dance in public anyway (while I hide my own two left feet in a dark corner)."
17. "A woman with shaved sides/undercut and muscley arms."
"Can't help but love it 😍."
18. "Their laugh."
"A proper uncontrolled laugh, especially if it's slightly goofy and giggly! I don't know why."
19. "I just love a guy's shoulders."
"It's such an undervalued body part... So beautiful and masculine in a sexy way!"
20. "A good dancer!"
"I'm not one, but watching my boyfriend dance is definitely a turn-on for me!"
22. "Tell me you like to read and have a deep conversation about your favorite book with me."
"Intelligent conversation based on books makes me weak 🏾."
Note: some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.