11 Romantic Relationhip Hacks Anyone Can Use
Get better at being boo'd up. Inspired by this Quora thread.
A Quora user asked: What are the best romantic relationship hacks? And then people shared their tried-and-true tips.
1. Keep a secret running list of stuff you partner wants to do or have.
Then, on a special occasion or when you have the money, take that special weekend trip, buy that nifty thing.
2. After a fight go for walk and hold hands.
Conversations are easier to have when you're side-by-side rather than facing one another. Plus, can you really stay mad at someone when their hand is in yours?
3. Use a silly codeword to ease tension during a fight or tough conversation.
Make a deal that if one of you says your secret defusing code word, you'll both stop arguing, hug, and find a solution. Chiminychonga!
4. Date your longterm partner like you're still in the honeymoon stage.
Pretend that you're new to each other that you still have to work hard at being an awesome partner (even though you've already landed them).
5. When you're together, give them your full attention.
Like don't even scroll through your instas. Make your person feel heard by really listening.
6. Plan sponteneity.
Schedule in days of doing fun stuff you wouldn't normally do like building a blanket fort or having an indoor campfire or going on a tandem bike ride.
7. Say thank you constantly even for small stuff.
Look, even though they're minor tasks, no one wants to replace the toilet paper roll or hang up your dumb shirts. Just let your partner know you appreciate their contribution to your little world.
8. If you don't really care about a thing, don't argue about it.
Let little stuff go and only make it a thing if it's something truly important to you.
9. Give empowering gifts.
If you partner has always wanted to learn tap dancing or go sky diving or travel solo but is too scared to take the leap or spend the money, show them your support and encouragement by gifting them the experiences they want.
10. Be the antidote to your partner's hangups.
It feels damn validating when your partner goes out of their way to let you know they love the very thing about us we're worried is weird or bad or flawed.
11. Give praise.
Tell you're partner how proud you are they got something done, took a step, faced a challenge, etc., no matter how small.