New idea: You don’t need to commit yourself to new habits and behaviors you actually dread in an effort to become a more evolved version of yourself in the new year.
If you do feel like putting some extra effort into practicing self-care and enjoying yourself as you do it, we have some ideas.
6. And also learn how to brew a delicious cup of coffee.
Even if you just choose one thing to upgrade — like getting fresher beans or learning a kickass brew method (like a French press or Chemex or this $11 travel mug pour-over brewer) — your coffee will get exponentially more delicious. Bonus: Investing a bit up front will obvs save you some coin on buying a cup of coffee every morning. Here is your coffee primer and here are some coffee hacks.
11. Stop doing a kind of exercise you hate.
Life hack: Don’t make yourself do something you literally dread.
13. Actually eat breakfast (every now and again) by mastering simple, delicious breakfast toasts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰