15 Real People On What They Did To Start Liking Exercise
Working out can actually be fun (allegedly).
1. Use your treadmill time to watch something fun and/or educational.
2. Try roller derby (or another team sport).
3. Sign up for an obstacle course race.
4. Keep track of your workouts and do some simple math to remind yourself that you're actually crushing it.
5. Try kicking ass in boxing, jiujitsu, or MMA.
6. Find a class where the trainers will notice if you don't show up.
7. Sign up for an event that benefits a good cause and let your altruism motivate you.
8. Listen to The Hunger Games (or another audiobook) while you work out.
9. Turn your commute into your workout.
10. Find a superhero who inspires you and just Be Them.
11. Choose an activity that feels more like a hobby you get to do and less like a chore you have to do.
12. Find an app or gadget that reminds you to keep going.
13. Try an activity that feels like it's as much for your mental health as your physical health.
14. Give pole dancing a shot.
15. Prioritize feeling good and building better habits.
Responses have been edited for length and clarity.