Here's The Monday Workout For The Get Fit Summer Challenge
All you need is 30 minutes and some dumbbells for this awesome full-body workout.
This workout has two parts: Circuit A (the full-body workout) and Circuit B (the targeted arms circuit).
Here's how it works:
1. Do 5 complete rounds of Circuit A, resting 60 seconds after each round.
2. Do 3 rounds of Circuit B, resting 60 seconds after each round.
3. You've completed the Full-Body + Arms workout!
Do 8 dumbbell goblet squats:
Do 8 split stance bent-over single-arm rows:
Do 8 lateral lunges (per side):
Do 8 dumbbell floor presses:
Hold a forearm plank for 30 seconds:
Do 10 to 12 standing overhead dumbbell presses:
Do 10 to 12 standing hammer curls:
Do 10 to 12 lying triceps overhead presses:
A few things to know about this workout:
• This workout is part of BuzzFeed's Get Fit Summer Challenge — four weeks worth of strength and cardio workouts designed by trainer Jessi Kneeland of ReModel Fitness, along with four weeks worth of healthy recipes customized to your caloric needs. Learn how to do the challenge here and jump into it anytime.
• When selecting which dumbbells to start with, there's a simple rule of thumb: Choose a weight you can lift with perfect form for the number of reps prescribed plus one or two more. If you think you can do more than two additional reps with perfect form, you should go up in weight.
• The dumbbell exercises can be done as bodyweight-only exercises if they're too challenging to do as written (or if you don't have access to weights).