• Keep your front knee at a 90-degree angle when lunging.
• Keep a tall, upright chest.
• Keep your shoulders directly above (or slightly in front of) your hips.
• Distribute your weight evenly between your front and back foot.
• Touch your back knee lightly to the floor when you lunge.
• Push through your front heel as you stand up.
• Press the weights directly up so that your hands are over your shoulders.
• Keep your elbows perpendicular to the floor.
• Keep your wrists straight and maintain a strong grip on the weights.
• Allow the heel of your front foot to come off the ground.
• Allow your front knee to travel beyond your toes.
• Allow your front knee to cave inward.
• Push your hips out in front of your shoulders when lunging backwards or pressing overhead.
Make it easier
• Perform the movement without weights.
• Instead of lunging until your knee touches the floor, stop about halfway down.