10 People Who Lost 50+ Pounds Share Their Best Tips For Getting Started
The very first steps real people took to change their lives.
We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the very first steps they took in their effort to lose weight, and how those steps turned into a major lifestyle transformation. Here are some of the best tips from 10 people who made lifestyle changes that resulted in a 50-pound (or greater) weight loss.
1. Hide your scale and full-length mirror.
2. Just get through one workout — even if it's your millionth time trying to take up exercise.
3. Or set a super-doable goal — like working out for 20 minutes twice a week.
4. Learn how many calories are actually in the foods you're eating.
5. Take a break from processed carbs and white sugar.
6. Write a letter to yourself about why you want to lose weight.
7. Challenge yourself to give up dessert for a period of time.
8. Walk everywhere.
9. Work out with a Wii.
10. Curb your fast-food habit and learn to cook.
Responses have been edited for clarity and length.