Here's How To Eat Lots Of Fat And Actually Still Be Healthy
Fat has a bum rap but it (mostly) shouldn't.
So you've probably heard that eating fat = bad. Well, that's not necessarily true.
1. First of all, your body needs fat to function.
2. And low-fat diets just generally leave you hangry.
3. FYI, the fat you eat is different than the fat in your body.
4. Most Americans should probably be eating more (healthy) fats.
5. There are four main types of fat we eat: saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, and trans.
6. Different fats affect cholesterol in different ways.
7. The bum rap that saturated fats have is (kinda) undeserved.
8. Trans fats, on the other hand, are the actual worst.
9. Some fats aren't just not bad for you. They're actually really good for your body.
10. That's why about a quarter to a third of your daily calories should come from heart-healthy fats.
11. But beyond those general guidelines, what will work best is pretty much up to you.
12. If you like the idea of getting super precise about your fat intake, you can count calories and track your macros.
13. You'll know you've hit the right amount of fat in your diet when you hit that sweet spot of feeling great and healthy.
14. And pretty much just avoid low-fat and fat-free products.
Now go forth and enjoy some delicious fats!
Social image via Thinkstock.