We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
5. Use some vintage rattan and natural fiber accent pieces.
Natural fibers bring a sense of calm into a space. Going overboard will make your home look dated. Instead, stick to accent pieces like end tables or wicker chairs and make sure to surround them with a lot of other textural elements.
9. Rely on indigo-dyed fabric accents.
Indigo dyed fabric is like the modern answer to traditional tie-dye. Indigo dye will provide a calming, usually deep blue hue reminiscent of the deep sea. Bring the element of water, or at least something that reminds you of it, into your home for added relaxation.
13. Burn incense constantly.
Incense does more than just smell good. It helps to uplift your spirit and bring you to a place of comfort and familiarity. There are a lot of types of incense, so pick a holder that works for whatever type you like- whether it be sticks, cones, wood-based smudge incense, or burning oils.
14. Always have lots of plants, and keep them in gorgeous planters.
Plants can not only be purifying for your home but they can also be beautiful accent pieces. The woven basket above is can hold a huge potted plant. Just keep the base in a black plastic planter with a large plastic plate at the bottom of the basket and you can water it safely.
16. Use baskets to hold everything!
Baskets are the best and easiest way to bring color, texture and decor to your home in a functional way. Use them for laundry, blankets, magazines, or pretty much any other stuff you have that needs a home. They make it easy to keep your space clean because you can basically just toss stuff in them- a method of “relaxed organization” generally preferred by the free spirit.
17. Fill your shelves and tables with little decorative boxes, vases and tchotchkes that you love.
No hippie home is complete without a little bit of clutter! Just keep things clustered together and they won’t feel messy or out of hand. Play around with your grandmother’s collection of salt and pepper shakers or a few small decorative jars- but never leave a space totally thread bare!
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.
- And we asked tourists and locals in Nice, France, what the burkini ban means to them.