1. A bottle of Quick N Brite Fireplace Cleaner to remove soot, smoke, creosote, and ash from nearly any fireplace. Tis the season for cozy nights, so make sure your fireplace is in tip top shape.
2. A pack of washing machine tablets to make sure your machine is in good enough shape to keep your clothes clean. Like with all cleaning appliances, it's important to keep them in tip-top shape so that they run at max efficiency.
Promising review: "My washer was smelling and had grime inside the seal that wouldn’t come off, even when I tried to scrub it off. So I used one of these tablets in the wash. It worked like magic. Not only did it clean the washer very well (the water looked so dirty during the cycle), but it also got rid of the smell! I will keep using these as recommended." —Eca
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $8.49+ (available in three pack sizes).
3. A moisture meter to tell you if your plants need water, which is crucial during the winter months because the air tends to be very dry. All you do is stick it in the soil of the plant in question and it'll tell you if the soil is dry, moist, or wet.
4. Keurig cleaning cups if you use your Keurig pretty often but have never thought to clean it. Just pop in one of the pods as you would a coffee cup, and proceed to be equal parts amazed and disgusted at how much residue was in your machine.
5. A set of magnetic glass spice jars if you have a ton of spices and nowhere to store them. Plus, they look cool and can go on any magnetic surface, so fridges and the not hot part of stoves. Get creative!
6. A pack of nonslip velvet hangers to give your closet a more cohesive look and free up some space. These are super slim and take up way less space than traditional plastic or wooden hangers, so you'll be able to hang more garments and make your closet look more tidy at the same time. Truly a miracle!
7. A vent cleaner hose that'll attach to your vacuum and clean out your dryer's lint trap. Making sure your lint trap isn't clogged greatly improves the drying time needed.
8. An upholstered storage ottoman to store stuff like candles, blankets, and more. The lid can be flipped over to create a table, which is perfect for those of us with limited storage space.
BuzzFeed editor Emma Lord has and looooves this ottoman:
"I recently got one of these for my new apartment to stash my candles and ~candle accessories~ in and it's pretty much become my favorite piece of furniture?? I use it to prop up my feet during work hours and sometimes if I want to eat on my couch I'll use it as a tray. It's also sturdy enough to sit on, if I ever wanted to have guests over and needed an extra chair. It was RIDICULOUSLY easy to set up — I had it done in less than 10 minutes, and probably didn't even need the directions. It also just looks so darn cute (and comes in so many colors that I'm tempted to buy another!)."
Promising review: "I was using a small foldable step stool in my bedroom to reach the top shelves of my wardrobe. But you know, those things aren’t pretty. It wasn’t bringing me joy, just begrudging utility. This ottoman brings me joy. It’s pretty, it’s lightweight so I can move it easily to use it as a step stool, and the storage capacity is perfect for things like my nightly moisturizers, my Kindle and journals, and other little miscellaneous things." —Monica N.
Get it from Amazon for $54.99 (available in seven colors).
9. A set of poison- and pesticide-free sticky insect traps for getting any infestation of flying insects under control, because it's cold outside now and the bugs are MOVING IN. Reviewers swear that these traps completely wipe out common houseplant insects in a matter of weeks.
10. A microfiber spin mop that'll make sure your mop isn't soaking wet before you use it, which will dramatically cut down on the time it takes to not only clean your floors but let them dry, especially during cold weather. Plus, it's machine-washable, has an automatic wringer, and is designed in a shape that will reach into small spaces and corners.
Promising review: "Ashamed to say, but I barely ever mop the floors. I purchased this O-Cedar Mop and Bucket based upon the great reviews. I am here to add a 5-star review of my own. This mop and bucket not only cleaned my floors, but it made the entire process easy (and dare I say fun?). I did the entire first floor of my house both tile and wood. Then wanted more fun, so i scooped up the handy handle and carried it upstairs where I continued on to the bedrooms and bathrooms. I don't want to go on and on, but this mop picked up lots of dirt and grime, then popped easily into the washing machine. It came out great. The swirly thing makes all the difference. It wrings out all of the excess water, so it's easy to mop without using too much muscle, which I do not have. And the mop heads are short, rather than long mop heads, which only make for heavier mops. If you're on the fence, go for it, you'll agree." —LauraP320
Get it from Amazon for $54.
11. A wall-mounted battery organizer that'll keep all of your batteries neatly stored. It can hold up to 93 batteries and comes with a tester to make sure the battery you choose isn't dead (it happens to the best of us!).
12. A bottle of all-purpose cleaner that only uses five ingredients to keep the grime and gross at bay. The scent is orange and clove, which is the epitome of a beautiful winter day. Use this on everyday messes to keep your house looking and smelling divine.
13. A heavy-duty shelving unit to store everything and anything, thanks to its weight capacity of 350 pounds per shelf. Finally your boxes of seasonal decor and bulky small appliances will have a home of their own when not in use.
14. A magnetic paper towel holder to put on your fridge so that you free up counter space. Seriously, I actually have this thing and it's a game-changer. I didn't know how much space my old holder was taking up until I switched to this fridge magnet one.
15. A sleek power tool holder to mount right onto your wall. Keep all of your drills and drivers within arm's reach, instead of scattered around your garage in their respective cases.
16. A garbage-disposal cleaner that uses bright blue magical foam to get rid of unpleasant lingering smells. Trust me, I use these in my own home and watching them work is like watching one of the Harry Potter movies — pure magic!
17. A bottle of hard water booster powder if your dishes don't look so great when they come out of the dishwasher. It removes mineral build up, spots, residue, and hard water film from your machine, and leaves it with a faint but pleasant lemon-y scent.
Promising review: "This seems to work really well in our dishwasher. The dishwasher was starting to leave a white film on everything and smell bad. I started using this along with the maximum or ultimate (I can't remember which right now, and I'm too lazy to go check) all-in-one Finish detergent pods, and it's been working great and getting the dishes clean. Also, we have well water." —Carole
Get it from Amazon for $5.81.
18. A length-adjustable pet hair broom because it's that time of the year when dogs and cats are shedding more than usual, and you need something to rake it all up. Because the bristles are rubber, it picks up way more hair than a traditional broom.
Want more info? Check out my coworker's FURemover Evrilholder broom review. You'll learn a thing or two AND enjoy some very satisfying hair-removal photos!
Promising review: "I saw this on TikTok and thought it was worth a shot. I have two dogs and a cat, and being one with a dust and dander allergy I have to vacuum often but the vacuum can’t always get in deep enough. This actually works and I was shocked at how well it does. I brush the carpet a few times and vacuum it up and the carpet even looks better!! I highly recommend this to everyone — especially pet owners." —Theo Ackerman
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in six styles)