1. Make sure you and a companion are comfortable with a three-piece rocking chair set. Soon you'll be spending more time outdoors than in, so it's essential to have a nice place to sit back and relax.
2. Place a customized outdoor pillow in your backyard seating area so guests feel welcome from the get-go. It's made from a burlap-like material, so it'll give major farmhouse vibes.
It comes with the insert!
Gift A Pillow is a family-owned small business in Ohio that makes personalized pillows for every occasion.
Promising review: "Great quality and they look great with our deck lounge chairs. Can't wait for warm weather!" —Jennie
Get it from Gift A Pillow on Etsy for $37.95.
4. Keep a tall table cooler combo in your backyard if you're short on space but not on beverages. Now you can prioritize keeping the chill vibes of outside going without needing to constantly run back into the house to fetch more beverages.
Promising review: "This product is sturdy, easy to assemble, and very nice decor. It has multiple uses as a table or cooler. Well made, looks nice. Highly recommend for outdoor cooler and table combination." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $83.96+ (available in graphite or brown).
5. Keep mosquitos away with a gorgeous backyard citronella candle. It's so pretty you may not want to burn it...that is until you hear the first buzz of a thirsty mosquito.
Sage Moon Soaps is a woman-owned small business that creates handcrafted all-natural soaps and candles.
Promising review: "Beautifully made. The scent is a strong but pleasant citronella, which tells me the mosquitoes won't know that I exist 🤞. The wood bowl gives it a chic rustic look and the natural decorations are lovely. I am very happy with my purchase." —19jmb77
Get it from Sage Moon Soaps on Etsy for $39.99+ (available with or without the flowers).
6. Add some color to your outdoor space with a glassworks wind chime. Nearly all wind chimes are metal or neutral tones — which is fine! — but it's refreshing to find an option that has a bit more flair.
Promising review: "This is definitely the most beautiful wind chime I've ever seen, and I love the sound too. The packaging was nice, all glass pieces were well protected. I will definitely consider buying again as gifts." —Anita J.
Get it from Amazon for $23.75 (available in nine color combinations).
7. Make sure the party's always happening thanks to this tiny but mighty portable outdoor Bluetooth speaker. Over 140,000 reviewers give it 5 stars, and often remark that the volume is "surprisingly loud." Oh, and spring showers won't be a problem because it's rainproof.
8. Create huge bubbles with a set of massive bubble wands. Each kit comes with everything you need: the wand and bubble concentrate, plus a booklet of tips on how to make the biggest bubbles ever.
9. Use a galvanized steel planter bed to plant all the veggies, herbs, and flowers you can dream of. It has an open bottom, which provides good drainage and keeps weeds away from your soil.
10. Or try a raised garden bed that removes the need for bending or kneeling, preserving your back and knees as you tend to your garden. It's made from Chinese fir, a great wood for outdoor furniture and construction because it when it becomes damp or wet, it doesn't warp out of shape.
11. Or really go all out with a tiered raised garden bed. I recommend planting taller plants on the lowest level (like tomato vines). That way you don't have to bend down too far to collect your bounty.
Promising review: "This was one of the best purchases I’ve made on Amazon. It was easy to assemble and the finished product looks great in my backyard. I planted two tomato plants in the top tier and one in the second tier flanked on each side with basil plants. On the lowest tier I planted lemon cucumbers." —Lewis F. Celli
Get it from Amazon for $63.99.
12. Grow your own produce! This set of 40 different non-GMO heirloom vegetable seeds contains a total of 16,500 seeds, because there's really nothing as satisfying as growing your own edible garden. It also comes with a handy 64-page color instruction booklet.
13. And then make sure you track what you planted with some vegetable, fruit, and herb markers. You'll never look down at your garden and say "oh no! What is that?" again. Each stick is sold individually and there are over 40 popular fruits, vegetables, and herb names to choose from. There's also a custom option at no additional cost if the name you need isn't listed.
14. Section off a special area of your backyard with some interlocking Teak tiles. No tools or glue are required, the tiles just snap together. Teak is also a preferred wood for all outdoor stuff because of its ability to survive through all types of weather. It is one of the few woods around that contains a natural oil which repels water.
15. Perfectly illuminate your outdoor space with a 48-foot strand of waterproof and shatterproof string lights. They say lighting makes the room, so I guess that applies to outside, too!
16. Take an extremely comfortable nap outside on this quilted hammock with a detachable pillow. Each hammock can hold up to 450 pounds, so grab a loved one and get to snuggling.
17. Use a raised dog bed to give your pampered pooch a designated spot for lounging. Because it's raised, it will either detract heat when it's hot out or stay warm when the weather's chilly.
18. Or try a fully enclosed mesh outdoor cat tent so your feline BFF can be part of the outdoor festivities too!
Promising review: "I bought this cat tent because our two fur babies will sit in the window and cry if we are outside. I tried a leash, but they didn't like that, and they often escaped it. I came across this tent, and it was the BEST purchase I made. The quality is great! Both cats fit in it, so the size is perfect. Very excited that this is actually a product for the cats!!!" —hgrizz
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in three colors).
19. Block harmful UV rays while providing you with necessary shade with a triangular sail. A simple way to create a cool, relaxing area during those hot spring and summer days.
20. Stick a solid copper drip- and bee-proof stake hummingbird feeder in the ground so you can be the pollinator all the hummingbirds visit. In no time at all your backyard will be a DIY aviary.
21. Consider a canopy swing that rocks and swings *and* provides you with shade. It's zero gravity, so when you're all tucked in you'll feel weightless.
Promising review: "We love this lounge chair!!! The price was fabulous!! (And just a note... If you take care of your things — i.e. cover up the swing with a tarp and bring the cushions in when not using it — It will stay like new. Sun and rain can age anything! Easy-peasy!!) This lounge swing is so comfortable, and made very well!! And it only took my hubby and I only 25 to 30 minutes to put together. Take my word for it... you are not going to find a nicer lounge swing at this price!!" —Marash
Get it from Amazon for $199.99+ (available in six colors).
22. Keep warm on chilly nights with a gas fire pit table. It comes with a glass lid, so when the fire's not in use it can be used as a table.
23. After a long day, throw your feet up on an outdoor inflatable ottoman. It's fade- and water-resistant, and deflates for easy storage when not in use.
24. Create a lounge chair out of thin air by inflating it just by whipping it in the wind. The patented design uses "anti-deflation technology" that promises to keep the it inflated for at least five to six hours, and comes with a stake for easy securing to the ground once inflated.
25. Cook up delicious barbecue with a portable 18-inch charcoal grill that'll have your neighbors and friends calling you "Grill Master." It's petite, so it cooks up a good amount of food for two to three people.
26. Keep guests entertained with a cornhole set with major retro vibes. This will be the VIP when everyone's waiting around for their burgers to come off the grill during dinner time.
Shop Cornhole is a small business on Etsy specializing in unique and personalized cornhole sets.
Promising review: "We love our new cornhole set! We used it for the first time yesterday and were pleased with the quality and appearance of the boards. They're beautiful and I love the natural colors. We look forward to using it at my sisters' wedding in a couple weeks. Thank you!!!" —Vanessa Weseman
Get it from Shop Cornhole on Etsy for $229.99 (available in 19 bag colors).