26 Gardening Products That Have Hundreds Of 5-Star Reviews For A Reason
Let's make sure you have the greenest thumb on the block.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of food spikes for fertilizing every type of flowering and foliage houseplant you have. Each stick provides up to two months of food for your plants — eliminating the need to constantly fertilize and check the soil for nutrients. Seriously, this product will change your life. It also has over 35,000 5-star reviews, which is really saying something!
2. A flexible, lightweight hose that's waaaay lighter than traditional hoses. Over 19,500 reviewers gave this product 5 stars, and for good reason! It triples in size so you can reach every inch of your garden, and after use it shrinks down for easy storage.
3. Knee pads for comfortably gardening for hours on end. These easy to use and lightweight pads get rave reviews, and over 15,500 people on Amazon gave them 5 stars.
4. A self-watering, self-aerating planter that just so happens to be the bestselling garden pot on Amazon. Each pot can hold up to two weeks' worth of water, so you fill it up and then replace the water as needed. It's also 100% BPA-free.
5. A 3-in-1 soil test tool to check the moisture, pH value, and sunlight level of your plant's soil. This will help you understand when and how much water your plant needs. With over 13,500 5-star reviews, you really can't go wrong with this thing.
6. A weed puller tool that'll make problematic weeds a thing of the past. It's the best selling weeding tool on Amazon, and for good reason! The same family-owned small business has been making them since 1913, and 11,300+ reviewers have given the product 5 stars.
7. A countertop Aerogarden Harvest hydroponic garden for those of us who lack adequate outdoor space. Besides, who wants to *literally travel* all the way outside for fresh herbs when they can just be at the ready on your kitchen countertop!?
8. A pair of breathable bamboo gloves that keep your hands cool in the summer and warm in the winter because of the unique fibers of bamboo. With over 9,200 5-star reviews, reviewers "highly recommend" these gloves that "fit like a second skin."
9. A 35-foot roll of reusable and adjustable Velcro garden tape for securing your plants to a stake — perfect for tomato plants and plants with heavy flowers like irises. Each roll is made from 65 percent recycled plastic.
10. A set of poison- and pesticide-free "disgustingly effective" sticky insect traps to get any infestation of flying insects — like white flies, fungus gnats, thrips, and fruit flies — under control. Reviewers, of which there are over 7,100 5-star reviews, swear that these traps completely wipe out common houseplant insects.
11. A pair of waterproof garden gloves with claws for taking dirt digging to the next level. Some 7,200 reviewers have given them 5 stars, and many say they're perfect for pulling weeds.
12. Vegetable, fruit, and herb markers so you can keep track of all the fruits, veggies, and herbs you plant each season. Each stick is sold individually and there are over 40 popular fruits, vegetables, and herb names to choose from. There's also a custom option at no additional cost if the name you need isn't listed.
13. A set of three colorful glass watering bulbs that over 3,500 people have given 5 stars. Simply fill each bulb up with water, stick it in a planter, and voilà! Your plant will be perfectly watered for weeks, depending on your climate.
14. A pack of two refillable glass spray bottles for giving your tropical plants the moisture they require. There are a lot of spray bottles for sale, which can be really overwhelming, but trust us: this one has over 22,000 5-star reviews, and a nearly perfect 5-star rating.
15. A gathering tote that doubles as a colander. Simply collect your fruits and veggies, carry to a water source, clean, and — bam! — your bounty is ready for consumption. This is especially good if you've planted root crops, because no one needs a kitchen sink full of dirt.
16. An elephant watering can for having a little fun while you water your plants. I had this watering can for many, many years, and each time I used it it put a smile on my face. And because of its unique shape, it actually holds way more water than you expect.
17. A humidity monitor to check the moisture in your house or greenhouse, which is essential if you're growing tropical plants.
18. An 8' x 4' x 1' galvanized steel planter bed for planting all the veggies, herbs, and flowers you can dream of. It has an open bottom, which provides good drainage and keep weeds away from your soil.
19. Or a 4' x 2' x 30" raised garden bed that removes the need for bending or kneeling, preserving your back and knees as you tend to your garden. It's made from Chinese fir, a great wood for outdoor furniture and construction because when it becomes damp or wet, it doesn't warp out of shape.
20. A pair of ergonomic heavy-duty pruners with a 1-inch cutting capacity. Reviewers say they're super easy to hold and use (no slippage!), and over 15,300 folks have left the product 5 stars.
21. Supportive, waterproof clogs for stomping around in your muddy garden. You just wipe or hose them off when you're done.
22. A bottle of organic Joyful Dirt concentrated plant food and fertilizer that you simply sprinkle onto soil or mix into water (for your watering can). Reviewers swear that their houseplants grow faster and bigger after using this product for a short period of time.
23. A scent-free mosquito repellent to create a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitoes, because who wants to be attacked by bloodsuckers when you're just trying to tend to your garden?
24. A bag of Miracle-Gro potting soil that's specifically formulated to help houseplants thrive and, thanks to the combination of perlite, sphagnum, and peat moss, makes the soil less prone to gnats.
25. A trio of of bulb vases for plant propagating in style. You can also use them as a terrarium or vase, totally your call!
26. A bottle of Miracle-Gro specially-formulated indoor plant food to make sure your houseplants are in their best shape. You can use it on your edible plants, too!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.