16 Black-Owned Furniture And Decor Companies
Your whole home is about to be magazine worthy.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. Don't Sleep Interiors designs mindful and historical decor items like art prints of historical Black newspapers and pillows printed with quotes from the likes of Audre Lorde and James Baldwin. Each piece is created with a thoughtful combination of African diaspora culture and political consciousness.
4. Albany Park is a furniture company run by a husband-and-wife team in Houston who became fed up with shopping in expensive designer showrooms and being overwhelmed with hundreds of sofa options. The company's furniture is way less expensive than average, takes less time to be delivered, and is designed to be moved into apartments (aka they come in pieces that easily snap together).
Albany Park's furniture comes packaged in apartment-friendly, space-conscious boxes that can easily be maneuvered in stairwells and tight hallways. Each piece is composed of high-resiliency foam wrapped in cruelty-free synthetic feathers. Shipping's also free, and the company has a 30-day return window.
5. Linoto is luxury linen company making bedding, window treatments, bath towels, and other home accessories. One of the reasons Linoto stands out among the other linen bedding companies is that it has a vast array of colors available, from terra cotta to turquoise to aubergine.
Get the 100% linen sheet sets from Linoto for $269+ (available in nine bed sizes and 29 colors).
6. Estelle Colored Glass makes handblown colored glassware for the most gorgeous tabletops out there. We love the set of six mixed champagne coupe glasses that come with one royal blue, amber smoke, forest green, red, lavender, and blush pink.
Get the set of six mixed champagne coupe glasses for $195.
7. Clare is a paint company that aims to make paint shopping hassle-free. Founded by interior designer Nicole Gibbons, the colors are designer-curated and the swatches are peel-and-stick, which is perfect for renters who don't want to paint the actual wall until the final color's been selected.
9. Pardon My Fro makes lifestyle goods and home decor like shower curtains and coffee mugs. Graphic designer Dana Bly started Pardon my Fro in 2010 after starting her natural hair journey and noticing a lack of imagery of Black women with natural hair.
Get the Essence shower curtain from Pardon My Fro for $65.
11. Hilton Carter is an all-around plant genius who has amassed over 500,000 followers on Instagram. He's also the author of three books about houseplants and plant styling.
Hilton launched a line called Things by HC — a collection of gardening accessories — including this denim apron with leather details. It has leather pockets for holding heavy and sharp tools like shears and a ring for holding a towel or mister/spray bottle.
Get the apron from Things by HC for $100 (available in original or dark denim).