1. The ice cream cone is over 100 years old.
2. Americans still scream the loudest for ice cream...
3. ...which makes sense, because it's part of being American.
4. Sweet and simple wins -- vanilla is still the most popular flavor.
5. Freezer burn is nothing more than a little dehydration.
6. California is the state that <3s ice cream the most.
7. The biggest ice cream sundae was made in Edmonton, Canada.
8. It takes a LOT of milk just to make a single gallon of ice cream.
9. Brain freeze is caused by blood rushing through the brain's anterior cerebral artery.
10. Speaking of brain freeze...1.8 gallons of ice cream in six minutes is the world record for most ice cream ever eaten.
11. Christianity played a part in the creation of the sundae.
12. 3.3 billion gallons of ice cream are consumed every year in the world.
13. There's a secret ingredient in ice cream: ~air~.
Get to know ice cream a little better by trying some new flavors.
Safeway's Open Nature is debuting Strawberries & Sweet Cream, Salted Caramel & Butter Pecan, and Chocolate made with nothing artificial. Acquaint yourselves!