1. On the same day that President Obama directly addressed Russia’s anti-gay law and the Sochi Olympics, hundreds of Belgians held a “kiss-in” to show their support for LGBT Russians.
“Nobody is more offended than me by some of the anti-gay and lesbian legislation than you’ve been seeing in Russia,” told reporters during a White House press conference on Friday. He also said that a boycott of the Olympics would be “inappropriate.”
2. The kiss-in took place right in front of the Russian consulate in Antwerp.
3. Men were kissing men.
4. Women were kissing women.
5. Men in funny hats were kissing men in funny hats.
6. It was awesome.
9. On August 2nd, activists in Vancouver staged a kiss-in outside the Russian consulate.
13. The protests in Canada, Belgium, and other major cities around the world are a response to Russia’s anti-gay propaganda law. In June of this year, a kiss-in in Moscow ended in violence and chaos.
14. Police detained more than 20 LGBT activists.
- We made it: Trump and Clinton sparred over ISIS, race in the US, and his unreleased taxes during the first debate 📢
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."