1. Corn derived from southern Mexico.
2. The first ears of maize were only a few inches long and had only eight rows of kernels.
3. The introduction of agriculture changed lifestyles.
4. The practice of maize agriculture did not reach southern New England until about a thousand years ago.
5. Native Americans discovered that, unlike wild plants and animals, a surplus of maize could be grown and harvested without harming their environment.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!