3 years after this article was written, almost every single one of those things has returned.
Tina Fey is everything and 30 Rock is my life source.
Braids have been a part of every culture in history, but what do I know? It’s not like I’ve taken countless race, equality, and diversity classes.
They just changed the picture for #17! They’re reading the comments! I wonder how long before the whole entire name of the article is changed.
If a black person is born with blonde or red hair, they have white genes on both sides of their family. If a white person is born with natural hair, they have black ancestry on one or both sides of their family. Even one of their birth parents can be black and they can still be white as snow and have natural hair. So in essence what you’re saying is you have to be a certain skin color to not culturally appropriate a hairstyle that’s original intended use is to keep hair clean and out of a person’s face? There are braids in almost every culture, and many cultures blended in hairstyles from others they were associated with. Europeans, Native Americans, Africans, Indians, Mongolians, and many other cultures all have variations on braids. Everyone’s hair was a greasy knotted mess hundreds of years ago. They used braids to tame their manes. So please explain to me what the difference is if my one friend decides to straighten her natural hair because she likes how it looks on herself and I decide to cornrow mine because it I like how it looks on me?
O?M?G? ALL OF THIS YES
Their point is that we’ve appropriated cultures in other ways, such as food, but have received no racial backlash from it. Not a completely sound argument, but I get what they mean.
Response to What Is The Worst State In The Nation?:
States that are 199.9% worse than NJ
1. North Carolina
2. South Carolina
4. North Carolina
7. North Carolina
10. North Carolina
11. North Carolina
12 North Carolina
∞. NORTH CAROLINA
It was a chaotic day at the summer camp I work at and my supervisor was trying to find a way to cheer my coworker and I up. Her town’s local news likes to find the most obscure articles online and post them to their Facebook feed, and at the time this was their most current finding. I don’t know if it was because we were all delusionally tired, or we all have some twisted sense of humor, but the moment I read the title aloud we all just busted a gut and started laughing our asses off. In a way, Pinky had become our own version of Harambe, and the jokes have continued since.
- s4e73eaf2e "People Are Freaking Out Over This Lis..."
Holy shit BuzzFeed actually used my advice in an article.
1. Your journal can be filled with whatever you want it to be filled with. If you want it to be solely for organizational purposes, cool! A fitness journal? Toats awesome. You don’t have to limit yourself to just one topic though. It is YOUR journal. Fill it with whatever the fuck you please.
2. Don’t feel obligated to journal everyday. You don’t want it to become a chore, because if it does you won’t want to do it anymore.
3. On the other hand, buying pens and journals that are aesthetically pleasing to you will prompt you to write more. I personally like to use G2 gel pens that don’t bleed all the way through. The tip is fine, it doesn’t skip, and it makes my otherwise atrocious handwriting look pretty!
4.Setting up little goals for your journal in your head, such as “I want to be half way through my journal by October 1st”, or “I want to try and write/draw/plan in at least four pages today” is also a good way to help prompt you to start journaling more. For me personally it helps to give me motivation to write down my thoughts and ideas.
5. Just have fun! Or maybe just zen out? Either way Writing in your journal should be a positive experience. Some people get totally stoked while planning out their week or day, other people might write to release any pent up emotions and feelings they could have. Your journal should be tailored to YOUR needs, and what you want to gain from filling it up with all of your wonderful ideas, thoughts, and plans. Happy Journaling!