Here's what they said:
1. "I live in a city full of wealthy landowners, and let me tell you, you'll never see the rich folks flaunt their wealth. They always wear the simplest clothes, and wear only a watch (a simple necklace if they're women), but the moment you meet them, you know they're rich without them having to show it to you."
2. "In a church setting, the person will use an envelope and discreetly place it in the dish. Other people will make a show of opening their wallets."
3. "When you ask them if they’re wealthy or not, wealthy people will always just say, 'I’m comfortable.'"
4. "I’m on a forum with a bunch of successful investors. Almost everyone over there is worth $5 million or more, yet drives a 12-year-old used car because they know that frugality and avoiding debt and living beneath one’s means while always investing in index funds is the way to wealth."
5. "They have a Steinway concert grand piano in their spacious living room that is perfectly maintained and tuned, even though no one in the house plays it. It sits discreetly and subtly in a corner of the room, like just another piece of furniture to fill the vast space."
6. "Their shoes. Rich people may have designer shoes, but true wealthy people have shined, clean shoes."
7. "Rich people (and wannabe rich) buy T-shirts with big bold letters of designer brands to broadcast they spent $500 for their shirt. Wealthy people might buy the same brand shirt as the rich guy, but it has no logos."
8. "They have good, healthy food — always. Healthy, quality food costs a LOT of money."
9. "My ex in-laws have a very nice condo but not extravagant. After a few visits, I noticed a door that seemed out of place. Given the rooms around it, it was much larger than a typical closet. I finally asked. It was a climate and humidity controlled wine cellar. Easily 200 bottles that cost at least $40 minimum each. There was also a small humidor for their Cuban cigars under a poster for Scarface. It was awesome. Wealthy people have extravagant things that most don't even notice."
10. "Never buying furniture. Wealthy people either inherit old and expensive pieces, or you hire a decorator to do it all for you."
11. "They will never complain about the cost of something, but will nitpick the quality of work to death."
13. "An expensive watch that isn’t a Rolex. Rolexes are how rich people, or not even rich but 'had-a-good-year' show off wealth to poor people. A truly wealthy person will have a Patek or AP Royal Oak or a Mueller, and not necessarily even a flashy one."
14. "If you find yourself constantly asking 'Where's [name]?' and the answer is always something like: 'In Barbados.' Or, 'They went to Key West for the weekend.' 'I think they went to see the Grand Canyon.' 'Probably skiing in Colorado again.' Yeah — they didn't say a word but you know they got money."
15. "True wealthy people don't talk about their net worth, how much they make, etc. as much as someone trying to convince you they're 'rich.'"
Did they miss any? Let me know in the comments below!
Responses edited for length/clarity/context.