Guys Are Sharing "Men Secrets" And They're Surprisingly Really Wholesome
Men opened up about everything, from sex to body image.
Obviously, these guys don't speak for all men, but the tidbits they shared are super interesting. Here's what they shared:
3. "Sometimes sex isn't what I want. I just want to snuggle and feel the emotional connection of someone who respects that I can be insecure or anxious sometimes."
4. "I constantly feel like I'm supposed to put my feelings and desires on the back burner because 'man up.'"
5. "I hold onto compliments for an absurdly long time. I was told I had pretty eyes once and for some time it was the only part of my face that I liked."
6. "Also, please don't get grossed out or judge us if we have to adjust our junk. Sometimes they just get in a weird position. It can be really uncomfortable and sometimes painful."
8. "Guys are self-conscious about their facial hair. A lot of guys want a beard, but not everyone can grow one. If you tell a guy he has a thick beard or nice facial hair, it might make their day."
9. "Sometimes our balls can somehow get into the perfect position so that they get pinched when sitting down. It doesn't happen often, but there's always a minor chance of it happening. For most of us, this leads to a sudden pain followed by nausea."
11. "Sometimes I get overwhelmed by life and just cry, where nobody can see us. That can be in a room by ourselves with the door closed, to a silent car ride home, or even the shower."
13. "Guys really enjoy side-by-side time. It took a while for my wife to figure it out, but side-by-side time is when you are engaged in an activity with someone else, but not necessarily talking to them. You bond through the shared experience of the activity, not by talking to each other."
14. "I struggle with body image a lot. Of course, there are bodybuilders who don’t have an ounce of fat on their bodies promoting xyz product in your face all the time, but that’s not reality for 99.999% of men."
Men, do you have any secrets they may have missed? Let me know in the comments below!
Responses have been edited for length and clarity.