1. When she defended Oprah after Trump said she will be exposed and defeated if she runs for president:
2. When she shut down this homophobic woman on Oprah:
3. And this woman, who said Ellen's sitcom promoted/glorified sex:
4. When she said this about Donald Trump:
5. And used Finding Dory to speak out on the travel ban:
6. When she was not here for Caitlyn Jenner's former stance on gay marriage:
7. When she was critical of Elton John's reaction to her coming out:
During the time, because there was so much talk about it, everyone was just sick of it. I had only done the cover of Time magazine, a primetime special with Diane Sawyer and Oprah — those were the only three places I talked — people were reporting on reports and reports. Even Elton John said, "Shut up already. We know you're gay. Be funny." I had never met him and I thought, "What kind of support is that from a gay person?"