Here's what they said:
1. "Conspicuous consumption. One of the most blatant is the use of gold leaf in foods. Gold has no flavor. It is not digestible. It does nothing but make the dish or drink conspicuously expensive. It's just a way for someone to show that they're rich enough to literally shit gold."
2. "When they're pompous and talk down to people. Like, they feel that people who are below them in economic status are less intelligent."
3. "When they can CLEARLY AFFORD to buy sustainable, ethical, organic products and still decide not to give a shit about the environment and production chains."
4. "When they give the advice of, 'Only live off a third of your income, and you can be rich too.' Honey, I have the bare minimum of essentials, and my paycheck is still not enough."
5. "When you work with a person who only works two days a week for 'something to do.'"
6. "When a rich customer said, 'You look miserable. Why didn't you just stay home? Or go to the doctor?' I said, 'Because I can't afford to take the day off work for a cold. And if I do take the day off, I will need a doctor's note, which means I'll have to pay a $50 co-pay plus possible extra office fees just for the doctor to tell me I have a cold and should rest and drink plenty of fluids."
7. "When they say, 'Being poor is a choice' and enjoy the pay-your-way 'justice' system."
8. "When they say, 'You shouldn't say no to things because of money.' Like, I have no money; I cannot afford it."
9. "Rich people always assume that someone else is going to pay their way. I had a rich friend who would invite me out and intentionally not bring her wallet. When I confronted her with this after the second time, she was genuinely confused. She assumed that I'd just pay for her."
10. "I grew up poor; my husband didn’t. He takes things for granted. He doesn’t eat leftovers. He’s never been on public transportation, ever! When toothpaste is a quarter full, he tosses it. He tosses coins because he doesn’t like change. He was shocked that I didn't take four vacations a year. I’ve gotten used to it by now."
11. "My boyfriend's family is very well off. They will frequently complain about things like an old (2013–14) car or slow-to-heat-to-425-degrees oven and say they want them replaced. They clearly have never had to use something until it physically can't work anymore."
12. "They say, 'Don’t buy that latte. Don’t go to the movies. You didn’t have to have drinks with your friend after work.' Bitch, you’re saying I’m not allowed to participate in society, socialize, or spend time with people if I’m poor. That I should just sit at home and think about all the ways to make more money."
13. When they say, 'Buy in bulk; it's cheaper.' Yeah, maybe in the long run, but when you only have $2, you can't buy a $20 bulk-pack of toilet paper. So you are stuck with the four-pack."
14. "When they balk at people who do service work wanting to be paid a living wage."
15. "Rich people who behave badly and get away with it because of their wealth. They either throw money at the situation, or they know someone with influence who can make it all disappear."
Did they miss anything? What are some things rich people do that annoy you? Let me know in the comments below!
Note: Responses edited for length and/or clarity.